Network Engineer QinetiQ
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job ID: 8986
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specificationKey Accountabilities:
• Technical management of all infrastructure including firewall, switches and routers.
• Plan and undertake planned maintenance activities (e.g. FW/Code Upgrades) on the Network Devices and ad-hoc tasks as defined by the IT Operations Manager.
• Operational support of all Network Devices and Infrastructure within the CDP Estate and for corporate IS systems as required.
• Ensure relevant Network Infrastructure documentation is full and complete and communicate any shortfalls to colleagues and Line Management. Pro-actively identify candidates for ‘Pre-Approved’ Changes.
• Maintain a Configuration Record of all Network devices deployed recording Device name, Service/Customer, Location, SW Version and Patching Status as a minimum set of information.
• Provide out-of-hours support for CDP Services via the on-call rota. Attend site out of hours as required and ensure any retrospective actions relating to emergency solutions are completed without delay.
• Proven and in-depth experience and knowledge with at least 5 years’ experience in the Network discipline.
• Experience in delivering Network Security technology support or project delivery, with experience in Firewalls and ideally threat and vulnerability assessment.
• Campus and Data Centre focused Cisco devices, namely Catalyst & Nexus 5xxx switches.
• Edge and Branch Cisco devices, namely Cisco ISR (IOS) & ASR routers (XE) - knowledge of OSPF, HSRP, CoPP, VRF, VLANs, ACLs, STP, VTP.
• Firewalls namely Cisco ASA 55xx-X and Juniper ScreenOS (NSRP/Failover, VPN, NAT)
• BGP routing protocol.
• Palo Alto Firewall (PanOS).
• Monitoring tools, e.g. Nagios, Solarwinds.
• Reasonable Knowledge of Virtualisation platforms (e.g. VMware), Linux, Windows.
Experience an Qualifications
• CCNA or equivalent experience
• Security Clearance at a minimum of SC.
• ITIL v3.0 Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation.
• Knowledge of ISO 27001.
Candidates should have some of the following certifications and/or experience of:
• CCIE: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
• CCNP: Cisco Network professional
• JNCIE-ENT: Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching
• CompTIA Network+
• WCNA: Wireshark Certified Network Analyst
• Palo Alto
• Wireless networks
• Variety of network types (WAN, LAN, GAN, VoIP, SAN)
• F5 Balance experience (important)
• Familiarity with Network security (NAT, UTM, Firewall operations)
• NSX VM Ware
• F5 Big IP
• skills, Technical Lead , Trouble shooting, QoS, Dynamic routing protocols. Implementation, Important - technical Lead