Memory Layout Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14657
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis physical design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional centre has delivered leading products from Arm.
How would you like to join Arm at a time of transformation in our industry?
Our memory development team comprises some of the industry’s leading experts in deep submicron circuit design. This position is a rare opportunity for you as a memory layout professional to work with our successful layout and circuit team. You will discover a wide variety of leading-edge foundries and work on different types of memories, volatile and non-volatile.
What will I be accountable for?
In this role you will be working on the following areas:
- Understanding Memory architectures and Memory compiler development flow
- You work in close collaboration with circuit designer for optimizing layout to meet, Power and Area improvement targets
- You are in charge of Layout development, validation (DRC/LVS/DFM/EM/IR) and high-quality full-custom layout
- You are working on other aspects of the memory compiler building like tiling code
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You have meaningful qualification in full custom layout design.
- You have 1- 5 years' experiences in physical IP design (Memories, standard cells, IOs or Analog blocks)
- You are comfortable with Cadence Virtuoso, Virtuoso-XL for layout as well as physical circuit verification / extraction tools (Calibre, StarRC ...)
- You have acquired a good understanding of technology trade-offs in deep sub-micron technologies
- You love working in a collaborative environment
- You appreciate thematic linked to methodology and productivity improvement
- You like programming (cadence skill or Perl, Python, Java, C-shell)
- Knowledge of memory fundamentals, especially single-port-SRAM structures
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex