Media Manager AO
Brand and Marketing
A Bit About UsWe’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the RoleAO are looking for an experienced media manager to lead and evolve our paid media strategy. This is a highly varied role operating across the full mix of marketing channels, including TV, radio, OOH, social, and digital. We’re looking for someone confident working across digital and traditional advertising channels, with experience of planning and optimising spend to deliver maximum ROI.
The ideal person will be someone who wants to put their own stamp on our media strategy, supporting our ambition to be the best online electrical retailer. You’ll have responsibility for a sizable media budget, working with a team of in-house and agency experts to plan and deliver the annual spend. The role would suit an in-house media/ digital media manager, advertising manager, or an agency account director.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing* Own the paid media strategy for AO.com by being the in-house expert in this area. You’ll be responsible for channel selection, phasing, testing and optimisation.
* Working across digital and traditional media channels, with a particular focus on social (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube), digital video, VOD, radio and TV.
* Devising a test & learn plan to identify and refine the best performing channel mix and audience targeting strategies, constantly striving to improve performance.
* Collaborate with other in-house marketing teams such as the digital performance team (search, shopping, and affiliates) the earned media/ comms team (PR & influencers), and CRM, to deliver through the line campaigns.
* Own relationships with media partners, both direct and via agencies.
* Setting KPIs for each campaign and measuring performance against these.
* Reporting on campaigns and identifying learnings for continual improvement.
* Accountability for media spend, including budget management and reporting.
A Few Things About You* Passionate about all things paid media and seen as an expert in the field.
* Ideally you’ll have previous experience spanning digital and traditional media channels, or be confident in your ability to transfer knowledge from one to the other.
* Experience of delivering multi-channel campaigns that meet or exceed the agreed KPIs, ideally with a background in retail or a media agency.
* A strategic thinker who can see the bigger picture, as well as being on top of the day to day detail.
* Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
* Able to work within tight deadlines and deliver multiple campaigns as the same time.
* Energetic, enthusiastic and proactive.
* A people person who can build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.