Malware Reverse Engineer NCC Group
Malware Reverse Engineer
NCC Group’s esteemed Cyber Defence Operations (CDO) team, provide a range of services including: emergency incident response, compromise assessments, malware analysis and wider security research relating to cyber-attacks.
They have the experience to deal with all types of threat, from employee abuse to state backed adversaries. Our consultants are experts in the provision of cyber security advice and response services and now, as part of our on-going expansion, we are seeking an experienced Malware Reverse Engineer to join the growing team.
This is a unique opportunity to get involved with reverse engineering exploits or malware samples to identify how they work, extract usable indicators and provide documentation to other team members or our clients.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a passion for the Cyber Security industry and motivation for self-learning. An individual who can work independently or as part of a multi-disciplined team, collaborating with colleagues and client alike, to provide a high quality service.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering fundamentals across multiple platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux & Mac) and architectures (x86 and ARM)
- Good understanding of operating system internals, including protection mechanisms that should prevent exploits and malware activity.
- Good written skills, documenting technical analysis in a format suitable for internal or external audiences.
What we can offer
- Long term career paths
- Continuous technical and non-technical training
- Guaranteed research time
- Monthly tech team presentations and socials along
- Annual two day internal security conference NCCCon (The last one was in Madrid in July 2018)
- Opportunities to go to BlackHat and DefCon in Las Vegas
- Opportunities for international travel if desired
- Generous car allowance / selection of vehicles
- Bonuses for significant contributions to research and delivery
- Variation of work across all sectors, technologies and engagement types with opportunities including potential secondments (if of interest) through to management of multi-month technical engagements and teams of consultants.
- Ability to innovate and be recognised and rewarded for such
- Mentoring opportunities by senior leadership
If you’d like to be part of this fantastic team and be part of the NCC Group journey, please feel free to apply or get in contact for further details.
About NCC Group
We are passionate about helping our customers to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape. We fuel that passion with investment – in our people, our business and we want to invite talented people to join us in our vision to be the leading cyber security advisor.
The NCC Group family has 1,600 members located around the world providing a trusted advisory service to 15,000 customers. Our heart is in our space.
About your application
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. If you don’t hear back from us within 10 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.
*** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process ***