Lifestyle Blogger AO
Brand and Marketing
A Bit About UsWe’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the RoleThis is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious communications executive, with a passion for telling a good story to join AO’s growing in-house PR and communications team. Based at our headquarters in Bolton (but with opportunities to also work at our Manchester city centre office), we’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, brimming with ideas and initiative and who is comfortable working as part of a small but busy team. No two days are the same here at AO, so the right candidate must be looking to gain experience in all areas of communications, be keen to learn and have a willingness to get stuck in to any task. If you get excited about securing media coverage, driving brand awareness, working with influencers and creating engaging content that can be used across; traditional and social media, as well as on AO’s editorial blog then we want to hear from you.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing* Researching, planning, writing and distributing stories across a number of communications channels, including; AO’s editorial blog, influencers, social and traditional media to generate coverage and engagement.
* Helping to run daily proactive and reactive media relations with national and consumer titles as well as online media and influencers, with a focus on securing coverage and developing relationships externally
* Working closely with key influencers to brief, develop and create content for our own channels
* Creating SEO optimised offsite and onsite content to help boost search rankings for AO
* Helping to source and create stories for use on social media
* Supporting the implementation of the AO group wide communications strategy including; PR, influencer marketing, content marketing, content creation and organic social media
* Monitoring comms channels on a daily basis to identify opportunities to promote the AO brand
* Collating, analysing and evaluating campaigns
* Developing strong internal relationships across the AO group
* Being a newshound, constantly seeking out the latest news about our products, services, colleagues and customers
* Running weekly / monthly team reports and analysing data to inform future planning
A Few Things About You* At least two years’ experience in a fast paced journalistic / PR / social media / comms environment gained either in-house or in agency at an account executive level
* You’ll be a team player that thrives on getting stuck in and working on a variety of projects
* You’ll have exceptional writing skills and a nose for a good story
* Strong media selling-in skills and relationships with journalists
* A keen interest in news and current affairs
* A good understanding of SEO, content marketing and social media
* Strong attention to detail
* Good organisation skills, creative flair and the confidence to express your ideas
* You’ll know the basics of Photoshop and have experience with Wordpress.