Closing date: Ongoing
Reference number: 41334
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOWTV Team
We are seeking a software engineer ready to step up and take on the challenge of building an international website and downloadable player using modern web technologies.
As NOW TV are part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package as well as an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
You will join the team responsible for writing, maintaining and supporting the existing website and player that is live in four territories and will expand into many more. The primary goal of the team is to help our users discover the incredible content on NOW TV.
- Share software internally more familiar to the world of open source
- Deploy a multi-tenanted website on a regular basis that serves all of our customers across Europe
- Build and release the NOW TV desktop player that enables video playout on macOS and Windows, with the same care in internationalising
- Have a passion for software excellence, delivering code of the highest quality
- Enjoy collaborating with others, reviewing code, giving and receiving feedback often
- Be able to make awesome short and longer-term decisions weighing up business and technical priorities
- Have previous experience with React, Redux
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better