IT Systems Procurement Manager AO
A Bit About UsWe’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the RoleAO is looking for an experienced IT systems procurement specialist in Bolton. When AO need a new system, we aim for the best. Sometimes we build it, sometimes we buy it. As a systems procurement specialist, you'll help develop our systems procurement capability, to ensure we’re building the best possible future for AO and our customers. The most important thing to us is that you are passionate about what you do. We work in teams, so as well as owning the vision for our future systems, you’ll need to be able to inspire the rest of us to care about the things you do and help us continually improve.
Here's What You Can Expect to be DoingSystems procurement specialists are smart and able to self-organise. They are rational and thorough. They can build valued partnerships with colleagues and suppliers, and communicate their ideas coherently to any audience using the most effective method. We're good at... * Showing you how your efforts make a real difference, not just to the business but to our customers lives
* Giving you the freedom to choose how you achieve your objectives and take the lead on improvements across the department
* Supporting you in your personal & professional development
A Few Things About YouYou're good at...
* Assessing procurement options in terms of:
* Change management
* Fit to business outcomes
* Prioritising, planning & reporting progress
* Building effective relationships based on honesty, integrity & candour It would be a bonus if you have...
* Prior experience of developing a procurement function
* Recruited and managed a team in the past
* Some level of technical experience/background