IT Country Manager HiscoxJob ID: 6868
Employment type: Permanent - Full time
Preferred education: Degree or equivalent
Who are we?
Hiscox is an international specialist insurer and reinsurer. We provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. A FTSE 250 company, we can trace our roots to the Lloyd’s market in 1901. We employ over 2,200 highly professional staff, have offices in 14 countries and customers all over the world.
In 2016 the Hiscox Group grew by 23.6% to £2,402.6 million gross written premium and a record profit of £354.5 million, delivering a return on equity of 23%.
We cover reinsurance and insurance risks that range from marine, terrorism, aerospace, technology, media and professional indemnity through to high value personal insurance, such as homes and contents, fine art, luxury motor, and kidnap and ransom, and are market leaders in many of our chosen areas.
The Hiscox Group is made up of the following business units:
• Hiscox London Market underwrites mainly internationally traded business in the London Market – generally large or complex business which needs to be shared with other insurers or needs the international licences of Lloyd’s.
• Hiscox Re our combined reinsurance teams in London, Bermuda and Paris, provide market leading expertise and a wide range of reinsurance products to high-quality insurers around the world.
• Hiscox Special Risks provides specialist insurance and expertise for global risks including fine art, kidnap and ransom and terrorism
• Hiscox US operating since 2006 from six locations offering professional liability, specialty and property insurance. Hiscox US also provides small business insurance direct to consumers.
• Hiscox UK and Hiscox Europe offers a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers, as well as high net worth individuals and also provides home and small business insurance directly to consumers.
• Hiscox Group is the umbrella function that supports all areas of the organisation, home to our operations, IT, Finance, HR, Marketing, Communications and Modelling teams.
The role of Country IT Delivery Manager reports directly to the Head of IT for Europe (HoIT), and has a strong focus on playing a role as a Business Technology Partner being accountable for the delivery of IT change, targeting a set of European business areas (e.g. countries / regions such as France and Iberia or; Germany and Benelux), further referenced on this document as “target business areas”. This role will focus on the following main pillars:
Change delivery – Responsible for the successful end to end delivery of the IT elements of a change portfolio of the target business areas. The role is responsible deliver change through IT Projects or Agile Factories while managing the execution of the IT change budget for the supported business areas.
Business partnership – To be seen as a business partner to each business area’s management teams. The role will become both: a business representative within IT, and an IT representative within the Business. The role should be able to determine a clear understanding of the business ambition and leading a delivery team, being fully accountable for the definition, design and delivery of an IT solution that is fit for purpose.
Support the Strategic Vision – Develop a deep understanding of the business goals and work with the IT Europe Management Team and the HoIT to define, plan, and deliver the European IT strategy.
- People leadership – Recruit, develop and manage a team of IT professionals (permanent, contractors and 3rd party staff) in accordance with Hiscox standards and values.
- Successfully manage the portfolio of projects and software factory changes, through planning and execution, to deliver the defined scope of IT change. while working with the business stakeholders to assess business cases, prioritize the delivery and track success KPI’s.
- Support the change portfolio prioritization process, ensuring that IT capacity meets the agreed demand levels through an effective resource planning.
- Accountable for all the IT change delivery for the target business areas. This includes leading and managing an internal delivery team, and managing the delivery and relationships with any external resources or 3rd party teams involved in the delivery of the IT elements of the portfolio.
- Accountable for the success of the IT delivery for a subset of European projects, tracking on budget, time, quality and the overall success against initial business case.
- Accountable for the executionof the assigned IT change budget: work closely with the IT Finance function to track to the agreed yearly budget.
Manage an appropriate set of processes and controls across the portfolio to ensure that IT projects and services are delivered to the agreed criteria and service levels, keeping a drive for continuous improvement.
Ensure that changes are delivered in accordance with our Architecture and Change management principles (TAG, CAB...)
- Act as Project sponsor when applicable
Support the Strategic Vision
Gain a clear understanding of the business strategy and collaborate on the definition and communication of the IT Strategy representing on the EU IT Management Team the business areas involved.
Contribute to the ongoing evolution and implementation of an effective broader European IT strategy as part of the EU IT Management Team.
- Work with the relevant internal (business leaders, CTO, HoIT, Lead Architect) and external (vendors, consultancies) teams to investigate technology developments that could be exploited in order to deliver tangible business value.
Trusted technology advisor to the target business areas;
Stakeholder Management: responsible to maintain a strong relationship based on trust between the IT function and the target business areas. This includes proper management of delivery, prioritisation, expectations, etc. fostering a solid business/IT partnership.
Ensure that the communication is timely, relevant and transparent, with clear and unambiguous understanding around priorities, risks and issues, so that expectations are correctly set and managed.
Recruit, lead, develop and manage a dedicated IT delivery team composed of internal IT staff, extended by outsourced staff or 3rd party teams involved in the delivery of the IT elements of the portfolio.
Support the IT People agenda in areas such as Communication, Performance and Talent Management, Capability enhancements, Learning and development, Permanent to Contractor ratio target, Employee Engagement Survey and Recognition
Act as a role model (as well as mentor or coach when required) for IT staff
Be an ambassador of the Hiscox values within IT