Head of Underwriting HiscoxJob ID: 6381
Employment type: Permanent - Full time
Preferred education: Degree or equivalent
About Hiscox UK and Ireland
Hiscox UK & Ireland is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.
As Head of underwriting, you will operate in a vital role overseeing underwriting strategy for Hiscox in Ireland. Your team will consist of three technical underwriters who report directly to you and you will be responsible for overseeing the Underwriting control, training and authority framework of the business in Ireland. You, will be a vital part of the Irish leadership team along with the Head of Sales and Distribution, Operations manager and Claims manager. Hiscox Ireland has grown over the past 5 years and stood at €33m GWP at the end of 2017. Your role will be to continue the profitable growth of the business following the successful transition of Hiscox Ireland from the UK & Ireland business into Europe
What you’ll be doing:
- Define and implement the Hiscox Ireland Underwriting strategy and contribute to the wider Hiscox Ireland business strategy
- Define and implement the product strategy for Ireland to include design and development of new products
- Recruit, develop and motivate a team of highly driven and talented technical underwriters
- Work closely with the Irish Leadership team to deliver both the top line Gross Written Premium and bottom line profit for all lines of business.
- Define and implement the underwriting control framework for Ireland in line with Hiscox Europe standards
- Set the training strategy to be implemented by the technical team for all products