Hardware Software OS engineer - CPU verification at system level ARM
- Job ID #: 14652
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - CPU
- Department: Central Engineering - CPU Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a Hardware Software OS Engineer, you will participate in the development of the most recent Arm CPUs. We are looking for engineers who are comfortable with both software and hardware in order to run operating systems and associated test payloads on Arm IP products in development, using hardware emulator and FPGA platforms.
The role is an important part of our overall CPU verification activity. Indeed, integrating the IP in a system and running real-world payloads is key to validate the processor matches its specifications and is ready to be delivered to our partners.
Working out of Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre, located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, in the centre of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
You will be accountable for:
- Bringing up and testing payloads;
- Running them on the CPU when the latter gets stable enough to be implemented on hardware emulators and FPGAs;
- Debugging failing cases to discover whether or not there are software and/or hardware issues.
You bring a variety of skills, experience and qualifications:
- You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related science
- Possess good knowledge of CPU architecture concepts such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency
- Hold in-depth C and assembly language programming skills
- You have been exposed to OS internals, preferably Linux
What would give you an edge? Anything among:
- You know micro-processor micro-architectural features and implementations
- You hold relevant experience with scripting language, e.g. Perl, Python or TCL
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex