Graduate Analyst Ocado
Closing date: 03 Mar 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Ocado is the world leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites & warehouses, and engaging in new business partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a bunch of smart, skilled and friendly people with extraordinary drive and passion.
We are seeking exceptional graduates who possess strong numerical and problem solving skills, have a ‘can do’ attitude and want to develop their analytical skills. Tasked with maximising the efficiency of both the customer fulfilment warehouses and delivery operations, the Planning Analytics team has a direct influence on the success of the business. In addition to helping shape how Ocado operates, the team has responsibility for long-term capacity planning, leading into supporting short term planning processes.
You will learn how to work with large internal data sets using tools such as SQL, BigQuery and Tableau, and you will develop your ability to identify trends, develop models, design reports, and build tools to drive continuous operational improvement. You will be able to gain exposure to working with key stakeholders across the whole of the company to enable data-driven decision making.
You will be curious by nature and get a kick out of unearthing fascinating insights. Success in this position requires partnering with cross-functional teams and exhibiting excellent analytical and communication skills.
The role is based in our new head office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, just 20 minutes by train from London King’s Cross.
Skill & experience
- A very strong academic background (2:1 as minimum or equivilant), preferably in a numerate degree
- Exceptional analytical skills, both quantitative & qualitative problem solving
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally.
- Practiced use of database coding such as SQL, SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming languages desirable, but not a necessity.
- Good command of Excel, including VBA.
- Demonstrable interest in a Logistics or Retail environment
- Demonstrable interest in People or Asset planning
- Demonstrable interest in using geographic information system software (QGIS) to analyse geospatial vector data
- Demonstrable interest using Visualisation software (Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio).
- Demonstrable interest querying Big Data (Google Big Query, Amazon Redshift)
What can we give you?
- Stretching work that will push you to bring out the best in you - and do that consistently.
- Rewards are many - competitive salary, Ocado employee benefits, but, most importantly - the satisfaction from the results of your work making a difference right in front of your eyes.
- Great opportunities for progression, with previous analysts having gone on to a variety of internal roles across a wide range of business functions
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.