Forecasting Analyst Ocado
Closing date: 03 Mar 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Who We Are
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own cutting-edge technology to enable new customer propositions, opening multiple sites & warehouses, and engaging in new business partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a team of smart, skilled and friendly people with extraordinary drive and passion.
We are a team of analysts that specialise in providing accurate views of likely future labour, infrastructure and asset requirements, identifying opportunities for business growth and operational efficiencies, and then matching our capacity to demand through effective rostering and recruitment. This can range from fast-paced analysis allowing us to react quickly to distribute our orders across the country each week, through to long-term planning & budgeting to ensure that Ocado is developing its assets, through recruitment and infrastructure acquisitions, which are aligned with its national growth strategy.
Our Forecasting & Capacity Planning function is central within our business, overlapping with all other departments - from Warehouse Operations to Finance and Human Resources. Having an accurate and dynamic view of where our customer demand and operational capacities sit, allows us to remain agile in the face of a shifting retail environment, and steer corporate strategies on growth and investment into where it will make the most impact.
As Ocado grows, we have access to more complexity and more data than ever before, allowing the analytical team to provide greater and more valuable insight into customer behaviours and forecasting processes, working with stakeholders across the business to provide measurable step-changes in performance
As a Forecasting Analyst, you will have your own areas of specialisation and take ownership of projects and tools of your own conception. This will enable you to play a key role in supporting our various stakeholders, which include Operational Planning, Service Delivery and Finance, to deliver effective analytical insights.
The role is based in our new head office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, just 20 minutes by train from London.
Skills & Experience
- Accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-functional, fast paced environments, OR
- Operational, commercial or customer-facing role with strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally
- We’d also consider truly exceptional candidates with limited expereince but a very strong academic background
- Experience in a forecasting environment
- Experience in retail or operational planning
- Experience using Visualisation software (Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio)
- Experience querying Big Data (Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift)
What can we give you?
- Stretching work that will push you to bring out the best in you - and do that consistently.
- Rewards are many - competitive salary, Ocado employee benefits package; swift and self-driven personal development and career progression opportunities; and most importantly - satisfaction from results of your work making a difference right in front of your eyes.A position in a young and dynamic FTSE 100 company which maintains an ethos of communication and accountability more typically associated with a small business
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.