Financial Operations Change and Project Manager Inmarsat
99 City Rd, London EC1Y 1BJ, UK
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 13 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Finance Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Finance Office (CFO) processes millions of transactions a month that enable us to interact efficiently with our suppliers, customers, trading partners and regulators. We make sure that the Company is properly funded and well controlled, that our taxes are paid and that shareholders and banks continue to support our plans. Our commercial teams help ensure that the business takes sound decisions through robust planning, careful pricing, sound contracts, skilled procurement and rigorous evaluation of every major business decision.
Primary Role Purpose:
The primary purpose of this position is to play a key role in ensuring change initiatives & projects deliver on time & on budget. This role will create & implement change strategy plans that will deliver the required changes, maximising adoption & highlighting efficiencies to be made, including ROI.
Change initiatives will focus on business processes, systems changes & providing support to the relevant members of the Financial Operations & Global Procurement Senior Leadership Team as a result of changed working practices. This role will work to all the key leads in the S2P/O2C/R2R value streams as well as understanding the impact to the wider business.
- Assists in the delivery of the S2P Optimisation programme alongside the Director P2P & Operational Excellence Deliver the S2P Optimisation programme, delivering best practise standard processes & controls alongside the operational teams, including:
- Global rollout of the Purchasing Card to radically increase the level of activity being procured through the PCard including robust controls, training & diverting the admin to BAML
- One time vendor roll-out, including appropriate controls & reporting
- Vendor Lite, where a vendor spend is too small to have the vendor created for PO use & is more regular than one time spend
- Payment approval simplification & streamlining including the implementation of multi-banking
- Master Data process improvement including; data cleansing; alignment to best practice & robust controls
- Identify & assist in the implementation of robotic process automation (RPA) within the S2P space
- Review & embed robust processes & controls across the S2P value stream
- Assist in the delivery of projects to be identified in the O2C & R2R value streams
- Acts as the financial systems interface between OneIT & Group Finance ensuring all change requests are adequately documented, delivered & trained out, including updating of relevant training materials & business guidelines/procedures
- Supports the Director P2P and Operational Excellence to embed & drive operational excellence within the S2P/O2C/R2R value streams, ensuring high quality customer focus, making Financial Operations easy to do business with in a strong control environment
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Project & change management
- Lean/Process improvement
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experienced in change & project management with an appreciation of process & operational excellence methodologies, including Yellow/Green belt, Lean / Six Sigma
- Familiarity of project management tools, approaches & the phases of the project lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience & understanding of best practice processes & controls within a SAP, Financial Operations environment
- Solid understanding of how people go through a change & the change process
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Problem solving & root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player, able to work collaboratively & with others
- Resilient & tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work autonomously, or as part of a team
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the Telco industry preferred but not essential
- Qualified Accountant/Relevant Degree or equivilant
- Prince2 qualification
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do