Financial Controller, Hygiene/Home RB
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Mortein, Finish, Vanish, Air Wick and Pine O Cleen.
In recent years, RB has achieved a lot of success within our industry. With the changing economic environment there is a huge change in consumer expectations, so we must change the way we engage our customers and take advantage of this digital age. As a result of this, we have created 2 focused and fully accountable business units – Health and Hygiene Home. We have the same proud heritage, but now we’re able to better cater for our very diverse consumer needs.
With a bright and exciting future ahead of us, we’re searching for a commercially savvy Financial Controller to join our high performing Finance Team in the Hygiene Home business unit, based in our offices in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. You will be responsible for creating, leading and developing a high performing team.
- Manage the accurate and timely production of all financial information and reports across ANZ
- Implement and maintain effective processes to improve the reporting process
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements/reporting, secure data integrity and ensures full compliance of local statutory reporting with local legislation and requirements
- Review monthly accounting closing processes including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Prepare Statutory and Management accounts and submissions to Head Office
- Oversee budget process ensuring budget guidelines are in place and upheld.
- Lead the Financial Accounting team and developing their capabilities/competencies
- Derive critical insights from financial information and effectively communicate the financial information and insights to the business
- Establish and maintain a robust internal control across ANZ.
- Min Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or Accountancy from a recognized University.
- Accredited member of an internationally recognized CPA/ CA/ CIMA organization
- At least 6+ years Post qualification of MNC experience in the field of management accounting/reporting.
- Strong technical accounting experience.
- With a strong work ethic, high energy levels, and tenacity, you will thrive in an environment where the business responds quickly to the needs to the market
- You will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to analyze results, interpret data and apply the information to benefit the overall profitability of the business
- An ability work through complicated issues and succeed in a team orientated environment
- Proven track record / sales experience with key international or local Retailers
- Sales experience with a blue chip fast moving consumer goods company
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Experience in influencing and engaging key internal stakeholders
- Fluent in English but fluency in other languages is advantageous
- Internationally mobile for career development opportunities