Finance Manager (Logistics) AO
A Bit About UsWe’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the RoleJoining a £100m turnover Logistics business that delivers nearly 3 million items every year with a service level of 99.6%. You will also be part of AO’s award winning finance team. Responsible for all aspects of Finance for AO Logistics (AOL) such as Financial Control, Forecasting, Management Accounts and Statutory Accounts including management of the Finance Team and attending the weekly AOL commercial meeting. Although based at AOL in Crewe, the role requires travel to head office in Bolton at least 2 days a week.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing* Ensuring strong financial control over key processes.
* Increased automation of Finance processes.
* Timely close of month end ledgers.
* Production of monthly management accounts and reports.
* Interaction with the Commercial Finance Team to pull together weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
* Analysing WOW forecast variances and weekly actual to weekly budget variances with the Commercial team.
* Analysing variances between the weekly forecast and actual numbers at month end.
* Working with the Commercial team to improve P&L performance.
* Cash management through forecasting, management of debtors and creditors and liaising with AO treasury team.
* Provision of key reports to the management of the business
* Working with AO Tax department to ensure all VAT, PAYE, corporation and other tax obligations are met.
* Production of annual budgets and three year forecasts in partnership with the Commercial Team.
* Ad hoc tasks for the Head of Divisional Finance, Head of Commercial (AOL) and AOL Managing Director.
A Few Things About You* Strong communication skills within your immediate team and across multiple sites, whilst also working in partnership with the Commercial team to produce forecasts, reports and useful analysis.
* Utilises time effectively to appropriately prioritise tasks, communicate with others in the business and ensure that deadlines are met.
* Welcomes feedback and works collaboratively to continually improve processes.
* Coaches others to higher levels of performance, delegates appropriately, encourages and supports others, helps others view change as an opportunity for growth, recognises values and acknowledges the contribution of others.
* Takes ownership and uses initiative to problem solve and come up with effective solutions whilst maintaining focus under pressure.
* Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishing the issue and options available, obtains and weighs up all facts, confident in making decisions.
* Understands a common goal, adopting a collaborative approach with colleagues across the business.
* Adopts a positive attitude and embraces new challenges.
* Works well under pressure, whilst striving for win-win outcomes.
* Travel essential with a minimum of 2 days a week to be spent in Crewe