Field Applications Engineer - IoT Services Group ARM
- Job ID #: 15188
- Job Category: Sales
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Internet of Things
- Department: ISG Sales
- Primary Country: Germany
- Primary Location: Munich
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s IoT Services Group (ISG) is expanding, and is hiring a Field Applications Engineer/Presales Engineer.
The ISG is a fast growing business developing and proliferating an industry-defining IoT Platform incorporating technology from across Arm’s product groups. We are investing heavily to develop cloud-based services to connect and manage billions of connected devices.
If you want to join a fast growing, international team and have a start-up mentality but also like to work within the secure environment of a larger business, we would like to talk to you. We are offering a demanding but fun environment where you will wear different hats to support our growth. It provides you room to bring on your own ideas and shape our business going forward.
Roles and responsibilities
Working with ISG’s Sales, Business Development, Product Management, Marketing and other groups, you will work to drive adoption & revenue of ARM’s mbed device & cloud offering. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting demos, technical workshops and accompanying proof of concepts on customer site.
- Being fluent on the offerings of our ecosystem and advise customers on the best solution for their projects.
- Promoting our technologies at events, tradeshows and by posting to external and internal blogs
- Being the voice of the customer to internal groups like product management or engineering
- Becoming a trusted advisor for our customers
As part of your role, you will be travelling extensively in EMEAI with a main focus on Western Europe.
- Significant experience in a technical & customer facing role in an Embedded Software or SAAS organization
- Great presentation and listening skills with varied audience types and sizes.
- Ability to articulate new and complex product offerings; ability to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus, and drive decisions.
- Startup mentality; organized but flexible; problem solver; self-starter with “can do” attitude.
- Fluent in English
You will need one or more of the following technical skills and a desire to learn to fill the gaps. We will happily support you with training on the job:
- Experience with web services infrastructure (e.g. IBM Bluemix, Microsoft Azure, AWS).
- Experience designing & developing connected applications (connected device, web service, user application).
- Understanding of radio technologies and communication protocols used in IoT Applications (e.g. BLE, Wi-Fi, 6LoWPAN, Thread, LoRA, NB-IoT, CoAP, LWM2M, and IPv4/IPv6)
- Knowledge of REST, MQTT, AMQP, WebSockets, XML, JSON (and JSON Parsing), Python, JS, etc.
- Experience with embedded systems development
- Full understanding of security-centric algorithms and protocols such has AES, ECC, SSL, TLS including key generation mechanisms and constraints, ACLs, and certificates.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.X93CC
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 30 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office