FULL STACK DEVELOPER Ascential
Job function: IT/Technology
Job type: Perm Full Time
Location: London, UK
Job ref: R1010
We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our well-established Technology function and become an integral part of the team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced development professional to become part of a dynamic online media organisation. Warc is a leading provider of online expertise, ideas and insight to the global advertising & marketing industry, with an exceptional and growing blue chip client base. Reporting to the Head of Software development, they will be joining the online team at an exciting time in the company’s evolution.
The Developer’s primary responsibility is to deliver production ready, tested solutions.
- They will maintain an existing code base, refactor existing solutions and develop new functionality for warc.com’s online presence.
- Maintenance of the current data‐driven ASP.NET MVC web application with a specific emphasis on usability, performance and scalability.
- Increasing use of video, audio and personalisation, as well as the development of apps and mobile
- presence will also provide the opportunity for adoption of innovative techniques.
- All development will be in C# using MVVM.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as individually.
- A good understanding of object oriented development, including the creation and use of interfaces.
- Ability to understand and rigidly follow release procedures.
- An understanding of Web Api.
- SQL Server. Able to create tables, keys, indexes and keys (primary and foreign).
- Working knowledge of CSS.
- Working knowledge of jQuery. Ability to create a jQuery AJAX call to lazy load, find and
- update HTML element properties.
- A good understanding of separating code into areas of concern.
- Ability to work closely with users to solve ongoing issues or understand new requirements.
- Source control, preferably GIT
- A basic understanding of bootstrap with the ability to organise a page for differing target screen sizes.
- Experience of code refactoring.
- C#, MVC and soon React.
- Entity framework code first.
- Unit Testing
- Elastic search
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At WARC we work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?