Employee Relations Manager- Southern Region AO
People / HR
A Bit About UsWe may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO. Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves. But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the RoleReporting into the Southern People and Development Manager you will manage your team of Southern People and Development Advisors and work closely with the larger People and Development team, particularly recruitment, training and engagement. The role is homebased however please note that the role does include travel to all southern outbases. The role is a 12 month FTC to be reviewed.
Here's What You Can Expect to be DoingReporting into the Southern People and Development Manager, you will be providing a first class P&D service to all Senior Managers, Managers and Employees across all Southern Outbases. You will; * Remain up to date with current legislation and ensure policies and procedures are kept up to date;
* Maintain and be well versed in your departmental people KPIs - caseload, evaluations and RTWs; * Work collaboratively with Managers and Senior Managers at all the southern outbases regarding people management and any issues that might arise;
* Produce management reports on agreed metrics and KPI’s;
* Continually ensure the HRM system supports departmental requirements;
* Work alongside H&S and Quality Operations across the network, ensuring that procedures are followed in line with company training and that all employees are working in a safe environment;
* Monitor advisory and administrative performance across the network;
* Provide on-going support and coaching to People and Development Advisors where necessary;
* Manage HR projects and oversee the implementation and roll out of new process;
* Provide support with HR functions such as investigations, disciplinary hearings, grievances and appeal hearings;
* Work alongside Managers to identify succession planning and employee development;
* Meet and negotiate with suppliers directly effecting HR policy and procedure;
* Deliver training programmes to Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders to enhance their people management in all HR processes;
* Work with recruitment and training to ensure we have the right people, in the right place, at the right time;
* Work with engagement to ensure that reward and recognition benefits are rolled out across the network in line with our company values and keeping employees engaged;
* Proactively manage risk to the business by ensuring company policy and procedure is adhered to at all times. WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Efficient performance of our People function directly relating to all ER;
* Agreed KPI’s relating to caseload, evaluations, RTWs;
* Exceptional service is provided to all Senior Managers and Managers;
* Implement and sustain an effective people plan strategy for each department
* Working with the Department Managers and Supervisors to instil the company values
* Develop Manager’s people management capabilities including coaching line managers and supervisors to act on HR issues such as absence and performance management effectively and efficiently
* To ensure that your team is adhering to KPIs set for timescales in accordance to the company handbook;
* To meet regularly with departmental managers to discuss people issues, succession planning and training and development needs of the employees, ensuring that the people plan is updated monthly;
* To monitor the completion of your departments’ people KPI’s for evaluations and return to works;
* Induct all new managers/supervisors on HR policies and processes, evaluating their progression and updating their line manager
* Providing clear and consistent advice based on commercial, best practice and legislative information
A Few Things About YouYou will need to display a positive and proactive attitude for this role, caring in what you do to ensure you, and the HR team, make it happen. Commercially astute, you will focus on the efficiency of the HR team and function while continually demonstrating a strong ability to think smart about what you do. Particular attention must always be paid to ensuring decision making is compliant with current legislation and company policy. You’ll be a confident negotiator and will be able to influence managers throughout the business by building a strong relationship and instilling confidence in your decision making. * A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a HR Advisory role with sound knowledge of current ER legislation;
* Experience in warehousing/logistic industry would be beneficial;
* Experience of working in a unionised environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills, confident in your approach
* Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
* Strong communicator capable of building strong and lasting relationships
* Good time management
* Highly organised, structured approach to work
* Informed decision maker
* Must have a full, clean UK driving licence * TECHNICAL
* CIPD Qualified to a minimum of Level 5.
* PC - Excel, Word, PowerPoint to an intermediate/advanced level
* Up to date on current ER legislation
Why Choose AO?It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking. We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015. "Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great ThingsAs an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun. Take a look at  here.ReferencesVisible links