Domestic Cleaner - Addenbrookes Hospital Compass
SALARY: £7.83 - £7.83
TYPE: FULL TIME
JOB REFERENCE: COMPASS/TP/435788/41394
We have an exciting opportunity available within a fast-paced Hospital for a Domestic Cleaner to join our ever-growing team. The ideal candidates will be responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the high standards throughout Addenbrookes Hospital.
I'm keen to hear from candidates with an eye for detail and understand the importance of sanitation when it comes to patient care within a fast-paced hospital environment.
The core hours of work will be Mon-Fri 8:00-15:30, 33.75 hours per week.
Responsible for the cleaning standards across the hospital, this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
- High and low Dusting, Mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers and public areas.
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for Patients by following the required policies and procedures.
- Liaise with ward staff on a regular basis and following clear guidelines as requested
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of high cleaning standards and be able to complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come into contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check costs, are met by the employer
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.