Director, Retail Inmarsat
Loire 158, 2491 AL Den Haag, Netherlands
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 13 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Maritime business unit is the leader in global mobile satellite communications at sea. Thousands of vessels rely on our unrivalled end-to-end service availability and coverage for operational communications and safety services. We offer the broadest portfolio of mobile voice and data solutions on the market, so we can meet the needs of all types and size of vessel – and every budget.
Primary Role Purpose:
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic, successful and market-leading organization in a high profile position focused on supporting the business growth of the Inmarsat Maritime Business Unit by utilizing and leveraging the sales and portfolio opportunities provided by the retail distribution channel in the Maritime Industry. Our retail channel comprises of direct customers (B2B end-users) and service providers that resell our standard retail product portfolio.
With a proven record of accomplishment in sales as well as product and/or project management, preferably in the maritime or satellite communications domain, the successful candidate will be the driving force behind professionalising our support to the retail channel by driving and defining the right internal and external circumstances for successful and more effective retail sales (eg high quality sales and senior business relationship management, sales enablement, product introductions, product documentation, customer support, contracts, billing, pricing, promotions, etc.).
Within a matrix structure the candidate will manage the quality and effectiveness of the retail sales organization across our three sectors i) Merchant, ii) Yacht & Passenger as well as iii) Offshore Energy and Fishing by:
- defining and implementing standards (reporting, quotations, contracts)
- improving processes and tools
- enabling continuous improvement of the overall (sales) skills
- providing guidance and mentoring of the individuals and teams
- Work as an integral part of the Maritime COO team, collectively responsible for the support of the retail organization, the successful introduction of new and/or changed portfolio, commercial development, solution engineering and solution delivery.
- Participate in cross functional projects and initiatives (small & large) taking accountability for ensuring the requirements to support a successful retail channel are met and delivered on time
- Act as the main contact and main driver within the Maritime COO team as well as with the Product Group and Inmarsat COO organization during retail specific product development activities
- Define and implement a retail sales strategy for each product introduction and changed portfolio element
- Initiate improvement activities (across the business) to strengthen our ability to support our retail channel
- Lead the professionalizing of the sales teams as well as the individual sales management roles and support the planned business growth through the retail channel while reaching the revenue, GM and market-share targets
- Professionalize the maintenance and support of senior relationships with large retail customers through focussing on the quality of business discussions
- Structure, organize and regularly participate in meetings with large retail customers and prospects
- Drive retail specific marcom activities, provide content for conferences, seminars, round-table discussions as well as press releases and white-papers.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven successful sales management experience within large and/or complex organisations
- Strong experience in project and/or product management
- Strong experience with and understanding of all aspects of channel management
- Solid experience in building and supporting high-level retail relationships
- Vision on how to achieve short as well as long term commercial objectives, with the presence and charisma to convince any audience of the route to success and with the ability to build strong and powerful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership experience
- proven ability to mentor and lead cross functional teams towards attaining targets
- proven ability to work successfully together with colleagues and customers from around the world with different cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrable track record of integrity and commercial acumen
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- MBA and/or equivalent commercial experience
- Knowledge of satellite Communications
- Knowledge of Maritime domain
- Language Skills
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do