Digital Designer Ocado
Closing date: 31 Mar 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive Salary
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Welwyn Garden City
The General Merchandise business at Ocado is enjoying rapid growth across both ocado.com and in the creation of our new ‘destination sites’ (fetch.co.uk, sizzle.co.uk and fabled.com) which specialise in specific categories. We’ve also launched our first partner, Dobbies, using the Fulfilled by Ocado (FBO) platform.
We now have a fantastic new opportunity for a Digital Designer to join the team working across all of these sites but focusing more on Dobbies (shop.dobbies.com). The role will report to the Creative Manager and work alongside an internal Creative team comprising of photography, copy, art-working, creative and web designers. They will also work closely with the Dobbies team to help them realise their content aspirations. We are looking for someone who is passionate about web design and build, with a creative flair and extensive web build knowledge at a contribution level.
The candidate should be an excellent communicator, have a strong background in both ideas and execution and self-motivated to go the extra mile.
Key aspects of the role:
- Design and build responsive web pages and other web collateral
- Push the boundaries and ensure that Dobbies and the other brands are at the forefront of design and experience
- Use analysis to help design for customer journey and drive sales
- Maintain brand guidelines across the sites
- Ability to communicate effectively with Commercial functions
We’re looking for someone with:
- Strong design experience within the digital/web design and build field, ideally with some experience in the horticultural field
- Advanced working knowledge of the Adobe creative suite
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and responsive web builds
- Good experience with responsive email design and build
- Fantastic organisational skills. We need you to be able to organise, prioritise and project manage
- Experience in HTML5 animation and video editing
- Experience in designing for print and print processes
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.