Digital Cluster Lead AstraZenecaLocation: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Job reference: R-043395
Posted date: Jan. 22, 2019
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and that you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and the global commercialisation of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives. Our primary focus is on three key areas of healthcare: Cardiovascular and Metabolic disease (CVMD); Oncology; and Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity (RIA). We are also active in the Infection, Neuroscience and Gastrointestinal (ING) disease areas.
We are looking to appoint a Digital Cluster Lead, based in Malaysia – KL, and will lead digital execution and strategy for Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner to the business, lead Digital and Innovation to transform the organisation and maximise the impact.
Our ambition is to be pioneering in health care industry in identifying suitable technology to help patients.
Asia Area Commercial consists of markets in Asia such as India, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam. We have a total of about 3,400 employees and a revenue of close to 1.000M USD. Asia Area is a dynamic, collaborative and fast growing business. Note: China/HK, Japan and Australia/NZ are not in scope for this role.
At AstraZeneca, our IT organisation is pushing the boundaries of technology to enable the digitisation and transformation of the business. In Commercial IT, we have been given the mandate to own and deliver digital, so the role is a Digital Innovation role more than an IT. We are focussed on smoothing the Patient and HCP journey through Digital Innovation and supporting the growth of the business through impactful launches, field effectiveness and digital/multi channel capabilities – all founded on deep partnerships with our business colleagues. AstraZeneca already have a broad pallet of digital capabilities for customer engagement, and this role will work as strategic partner and executor to get digital embedded in the brand plans.
- Lead the proactive identification of opportunities for innovative solutions to Patient, HCP and internal customer issues/challenges.
- Work with the digital and startup ecosystems networking to create partnerships and capabilities which can benefit the patient journey.
- Develop and drive the Channels and Digital roadmap portion of the Digital Strategy
- Provide digital Strategic input and recommendations to brand and commercial teams
- Development of best practice digital assets for the organization within budget and deadlines
- Support and build digital capability of Brand Teams, focusing on customer experience, channel mix, digital technologies and analytics
- Provide ongoing best practice, digital advice to the AZ business. Be the primary point of contact across the organisation for digital projects
- Establish efficient processes and propose new resources as required in response to changing demand
- Advise and influence closed loop marketing approach
- Deliver, Embed and communicate Digital analytics capabilities and communicate Insights to brand teams
- Creates relationships with Customer Facing and Enabling Functions stakeholders, developing deep understanding of the business future direction, strategies and needs.
- Comes from a Digital Marketing Background and understand business challenges and how digital can help overcome them
- Entrepreneur mindset with excellent business awareness and understanding
- Understanding of marketing principles and how to apply these to digital channels (omnichannel).
- Excellent team-working skills (especially in a culturally diverse, demanding environment) and a willingness to get alongside issues, provide clear direction and drive results
- Deep experience of understanding (external) customer journeys and designing new customer experiences.
- Ability to develop and create compelling business cases to promote new technologies and outcomes to the business
- Thorough knowledge of current web technologies, analytics platforms and content management systems
- Strong track record of delivering Digital solutions with clear outcome metrics
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong change management
- Identifying and delivering POCs of innovative technology solutions
- Experience of leadership in a complex/geographical context
- Degree or relevant business qualification
- Experience of developing partnerships with the digital and startup ecosystems
- Experience of Pharmaceutical or Consumer products Sales representative effectiveness best practice
- Leader within pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.