Delivery Planning Analyst Ocado
Closing date: 31 Mar 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own cutting-edge technology, including robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, enabling new customer propositions, and engaging in new business partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a team of dynamic and intellectually curious people with extraordinary drive and passion.
We are a team of analysts that specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities with a multi-million pound scope, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers. We pride ourselves on making quick affirmative decisions and data is the driver to make this happen. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping the customer journey from the time they log on to the website to their orders arriving at the door.
From picking orders in our automated warehouses, to our transport operations on the road, we look to maximise profitability whilst improving our customer offering. This can range from the short-term configuration of planning processes to long-term logistical strategy, shaping the future growth of Ocado.
The heart of Ocado’s business is getting groceries to your door. Our last mile planning is the key to ensuring we do this efficiently and profitably, whilst maximising the customer experience. As our business scales, so does the complexity of our delivery network and our challenge is to make sure our operation continues to evolve. Utilising a wealth of data at our fingertips, we are perfectly placed to influence our operation, making significant performance improvements.
As a Delivery Planning Analyst, you will be making decisions about how we balance delivery efficiency with on time performance to increase the number of customers we can serve to the highest possible standard. Working with key stakeholders across the business to optimise how and where we deliver, you will use your analytical insights to guide what we do. You will also have your own areas of specialisation, taking ownership of projects and building tools of your own conception.
The role is based in our new head office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, just 20 minutes by train from London.
Skills & Experience
- Accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-function, fast paced environments, OR
- Operational, commercial or customer-facing role with strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally
- Experience in a delivery planning environment
- Completing long term forecasting and modelling
- Querying Big Data (Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift)
- Visualisation software (Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio)
- Experience using geographical information system software (QGIS, ArcGIS)
- Experience in operational planning
What can we give you?
- Stretching work that will push you to bring out the best in you - and do that consistently.
- Rewards are many - competitive salary, Ocado employee benefits package; swift and self-driven personal development and career progression opportunities; and most importantly - satisfaction from results of your work making a difference right in front of your eyes.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.