Data Analyst Ocado
Closing date: 31 Mar 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own cutting-edge technology, including robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, enabling new customer propositions, and engaging in new business partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a team of dynamic and intellectually curious people with extraordinary drive and passion.
We are a team of analysts that specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities with a multi-million pound scope, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers. We pride ourselves on making quick affirmative decisions and data is the driver to make this happen. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping the customer journey from the time they log on to the website to their orders arriving at the door.
From picking orders in our automated warehouses, to our transport operations on the road, we look to maximise profitability whilst improving our customer offering. This can range from the short-term configuration of planning processes to long-term logistical strategy, shaping the future growth of Ocado.
From day one, you will be using state-of-the-art tools to interrogate Big Data, analysing the results to develop and improve tools and algorithms, delivering recommendations to senior management and driving operational decisions. Your insight will have a direct impact on our operational efficiency, will enhance both customer and workforce experience, and contribute to Ocado’s long term goal of changing the way the world shops.
The role is based in our new head office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, just 20 minutes by train from London Kings Cross.
Skills & Experience
- Accomplished analyst with experience working with Big Data
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Strong command of analytical SQL and/or Excel, VBA, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally
- Applied knowledge of Google BigQuery
- Skilled at using Visualisation software (Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio)
- Experience in a fast-moving commercial environment
What can we give you?
- Stretching work that will push you to bring out the best in you - and do that consistently.
- Rewards are many - competitive salary, Ocado employee benefits package; swift and self-driven personal development and career progression opportunities; and most importantly - satisfaction from results of your work making a difference right in front of your eyes.A position in a young and dynamic FTSE 100 company which maintains an ethos of communication and accountability more typically associated with a small business
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.