Brand: Ascential Group
Job function: IT/Technology
Job type: Perm Full Time
Location: London, UK
Job ref: R978
We're looking for a Developer to join us here at Cannes Lions and become an integral part of our Technology Function.
- Working as part of a delivery team that is constantly building and supporting systems and jobs – the successful candidate will also work – across the world - in high pressure environments for event support.
- work within the event technology team – with a focus on data systems and support
- engage the business and seek insights from customers and other sources to produce evidence-based solutions
- work to the priorities of the business and Product Manager
- working within Group guidelines, implementing best-practice design and coding
- develop, deploy, debug, support and maintain the codebase with colleagues
- continually offer suggestions on approach and efficiency
- improve your experience and skills, whilst also enabling others
- contribute to a healthy working environment of innovation and solid delivery
- work within selected work frameworks – Agile/Scrum/Kanban – to best deliver at any particular part of the year
- offer feedback and suggestions on code and colleagues in a constructive manner
- be ambitious to learn, improve and deliver continuously
- 3+ years SQL expertise – primarily MSSQL but postGreSQL or MySQL acceptable
- 3+ years in ETL – using SSIS, Mulesoft and/or Alteryx
- 3+ years .NET professional experience (C#, MVC, WebForms, Core)
- Salesforce data-model experience – via connectors, APIs, VisualForce/APEX a bonus
- Designing, building and testing APIs
- Proven understanding of all basic core tools and skills (git or bitbucket) and deployment tools
- A working understanding or interest of Agile practices and the aims of LeSS
- Interest/understanding in AWS services/hosting/scaling
- Ability in data analytics and visualisation (Tableau, d3 etc…)
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
About Cannes Lions.
At Cannes Lions, we’ve been championing creativity since 1954. Today, we’re the world’s biggest festival for the creative and marketing communications, entertainment, design and tech industries.
Join us, and you’ll be joining an events company with a strong purpose – we believe in our product, and that creativity can save the world. We have a truly global outlook, allowing you to speak to some of the world’s most fast-moving and exciting businesses.
Cannes Lions is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?