Compliance Officer NCC Group
This is an opportunity to join the Compliance team based at NCC Group’s headquarters in Manchester. The role entails responsibility for internal compliance and the aligned audit programme in the UK. The individual will support the Head of Compliance and Standards to create and roll out a risk and compliance in other parts of the Group. A key part of this role will be implementation and support of NCC Group’s compliance with applicable standards, namely ISO 9001, ISO 27001, and ISO 17025.
- Helping ensure that key certifications in relation to ISO 9001, 27001 and 17025 are maintained. Supporting an internal compliance regime across NCC Group (primarily in the UK).
- Acting as one of NCC Group’s lead auditors in relation to ISO 9001, 27001 and 17025 and conducting other internal reviews as necessary.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance and Standards in the maintenance and testing of NCC Group’s business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Documenting and updating security and compliance related policies and procedures.
- Advising the business as a whole and colleagues on compliance matters.
- Preparation and delivery of parts of NCC Group’s internal compliance awareness training.
- Monitoring the incident management reports and escalating material concerns.
- Supporting information security risk assessments, maintaining the risk register and ensuring risks are actively managed and that incidents are escalated and resolved appropriately
- Managing audits of NCC Group by its customers/external auditing bodies, ensuring audits run smoothly and following up on any corrective actions that are identified
- Responding to requests from NCC Group’s clients for compliance related information and working with the Compliance Team to maintain a database of compliance materials and standard responses
- Creation of appropriate reports and documents.
Experience / Skills
- Experienced management systems auditor
- A broad understanding of quality standards and associated principles
- An understanding of information security risks, issues and measures
- Effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to communicate effectively with both an internal and external audience
- Strong written communication skills (including experience in policy writing)
- Strong organisational skills and the experience to continually prioritise and respond to the changing needs of the business
- Ability to travel for work (mainly in the UK but some occasional European travel will be required)
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to adapt to change as the organisation continues to expand both in the UK and beyond
Key Skills and Experience
- Qualified ISO27001 and 9001 Lead Auditor (Mandatory)
- Experience of business continuity planning and ISO 17025 is desirable but not essential as training will be provided if necessary
About NCC Group
We are passionate about helping our customers to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape. We fuel that passion with investment – in our people, our business and we want to invite talented people to join us in our vision to be the leading cyber security advisor.
The NCC Group family has 1,600 members located around the world providing a trusted advisory service to 15,000 customers. Our heart is in our space.
About your application
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. If you don’t hear back from us within 10 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.
*** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process ***