Channel & Category Manager (f/m/d) OTC/ Pharma RBA fantastic opportunity for a Channel & Category Manager to join RB's Health Business Unit.
As a Category and Channel Manager, you play an important role within the German organization. You are the key interface between Trade Marketing, Marketing, Key Account and the customers of your assigned channel. You take the lead for channel and category strategy implementation taking into account the shopper needs in our categories.
Owning your business, you are responsible for:
Driving POS Activation with neutral, shopper driven approach:
- Contribute to BIC sales folder creation for each sales cycle
- Link primary shelf to quarterly brand story to optimize micro-shelf placement at pharmacies (via Field Sales Force)
- Observe & cooperate with key market player in pharma for further channel growth
- Test new concepts of key partners in cooperation with Marketing, Trade Marketing and Sales
Leading category management projects with pharmacy cooperations and be the trusted neutral advisor:
- Develop category management vision per account and execute through leading category reviews and category management projects, focus on optimization of micro-shelf placement, with assortment analyses if needed, planogram implementation and tracking
- Define role & evaluate potential of category per customer
- Maintain and enhance category trade story for cooperations to realize potentials
- In depth data analysis of scanner data and household panels for respective customer categories
- Analyze customer execution in our categories using household panel and scanner data
- Lead customer activation agenda within your assigned channel from planning to execution
- Develop customer specific promotions as part of the customer activation plan
- Generate promotion learnings through in-depth insights from sell out data and transform them into shopper-relevant concepts
- Lead development and implementation of customer-specific in-store materials
- Propose channel specific assortment execution to Trade Marketing
- Monitor competitive promotional activities and share learnings with the Trade Marketing team
- Turn national trade stories into compelling customer trade stories and best in class presentation to the buyer in customer meetings
- Develop and support execution of customer MSL (must stock list) across brands based on channel MSL in order to drive efficient assortment.
- Share and exploit best practices within and across channels and categories/brands
- Coach, train and develop of (Junior-) Channel Managers
- Cross functional leadership within the matrix
Is this you?
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or similar) with focus on Marketing/ Sales
- Minimum 2 years functional experience in -, Trade Marketing-, Category- or Brand Management experience with large centralized accounts (excluding Trainee or Graduate program)
- Thereof minimum 1 year Sales experience with large centralised accounts in a blue chip FMCG company is a must
- Nielsen Trade Planner/ Nielsen Answers (or equivalent)
- Good 4P knowledge and proven practice
- Solid consumer marketing or trade marketing knowledge
- Excel, PowerPoint
- German: fluent
- English: fluent
- Good key account management experience with successful track record would be nice to have
- Certified GS 1 Category Manager would be considered a plus
In return, RB offers very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.