Buyer ANZ - Health RB
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
In recent years, RB has achieved a lot of success within our industry. With the changing economic environment there is a huge change in consumer expectations, so we must change the way we engage our customers and take advantage of this digital age. As a result of this, we have created two focused and fully accountable business units – Health and Hygiene Home. We have the same proud heritage, but now we’re able to better cater for our very diverse consumer needs.
In our Health division, you will work within a dynamic team of talented individuals who manage a portfolio of iconic brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Dettol, Durex, Gaviscon, Lemsip, Scholl, Veet & Clearasil.
With a bright and exciting future ahead of us, we are searching for a Buyer to join our high performing Health Procurement Team to work across our iconic brands.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing and cost optimization of contract manufactured finished goods and embellishment for ANZ. This role has an impact for gross margin development in the region.
This role reports to the Senior Procurement Manager, Europe & ANZ and is based out of our World Square’s offices in the heart of Sydney CBD.
- Directly responsible for Procurement of all embellishment in ANZ (strategic sourcing and category management, contract and supplier management, definition of BCP, can do projects, monitoring of PPV), working in a cross functional basis with the Supply Org., Quality, Marketing and Finance.
- Responsible for a group of Co-packing, acting quite independently, following very broad policies and directions from the Management. Will be entitled to present and decide or get approval (depending on spend) for procurement strategies and contracting terms. Will take relevant decisions when conducting sourcing processes regardless total spend.
- The role encompasses relationship/networking with other functions such as R&D/Regs, Quality, Marketing, Finance and Supply.
- The position has a direct impact in corporate measurements and results such as COGS, GM and NWC. Cost, quality & service, innovation, speed to market, fast roll-out and net-working capital improvement are the most important business needs with different focus and prioritisation in the managed portfolio.
- Acts to continuously deliver Gross Margin improvement through COGS optimisation, driving special programs such as X-trim, Squeeze, e-procurement, can dos. Leads negotiations targeting to achieve continuous GM expansion and NWC reduction.
- Prepares plan assumptions for managed materials. Prepares plan presentation to HUB.
- Accountable to meet purchasing plan assumptions for the materials under his/her responsibilities.
- Designs and recommends Procurement Strategy with understanding of business needs (NPDs/EPDs; Yearly negotiation; COGs reduction) , defining categories with use of tools like Spend Analysis, Supplier Forces, Supplier / Category Position, market analysis (key drivers, type of market, main forces, impact we and others have on the market, suppliers capabilities).
- Closely follow commodity feedstock information and develops an in-depth understanding of market dynamics to proactively take actions on timing and extension of sourcing process and contracts.
- Responsible for Supplier Selection via tenders, negotiations, Rfx, use of eProcurement tools, auctions.
- Designs, verifies and amends contracts in conjunction with Legal Dept. Special attention to be dedicated to protecting intellectual property, minimise liabilities, exclusivity period of innovation, ensure availability and cost improvement.
- Responsible for negotiating contract terms and clauses in conjunction with Legal department, negotiating payment terms, improving NWC and defining KPIs.
- Presents agreement recommendation to HUB seeking approval for implementation.
- Keep a sound relationship with suppliers at management levels. Motivate suppliers to treat the company as preferred customer in presenting innovation and/or cost/efficiency projects. Acts as the major/primary RB contact for the supplier.
- Responsible for implementing and managing supplier scorecards with defined copackers and embellishers.
- Accountable for Quality and Service from managed suppliers. Drive Quality and Service improvement strategies.
- Responsible for having all suppliers green on Human Rights Global Program – Sedex and sustainability audit program.
- Defines BCP (business continuity plans) for top Net Revenue SKU’s generators from ANZ suppliers, fully mapping and implementing contingencies plans (alternatives suppliers).
- Responsible for spend management and analysing Purchase Price Variance (PPV) on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for price change management: Maintain procurement pricing system (JDE) co-ordinating in a timely manner; Approvals and reviewing & analysing price change/quote review & validate change with ENA; Review & resolve pricing discrepancies with accounts payable.
- Project management, co-ordination & support including attending project meetings, providing negotiated costing & procurement support to NPI/R&D/Marketing.
- Minimum University educated (to Bachelors level) in Business, Commerce/Finance or similar
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Ability to work in a truly global organisation. Proven experience of working in a fast moving and result driven environment which demands to work under pressure most of the time.
- High level negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
- Sound commercial understanding of business issues / opportunities & robust ability to translate this understanding into practical application.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify understand & challenge information to achieve measurable results.
- Results oriented & self-motivating with well developed co-ordination & documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing customers and internal teams.
- The business language in RB is English, therefore fluency in English is essential.
- In line with RB core values, the candidate will be achievement focussed and able to work in a direct and often pressurised environment. Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving are key along with tenacity, tough-mindedness and ability to influence and demonstrate strong team working abilities and commitment.
In Return RB offer excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!