Buyer ANZ - Health RB
As the Buyer for Australia and New Zealand, you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing and cost optimization of contract manufactured finished goods and embellishment. This role has an impact for gross margin development in the region.
You will manage a portfolio of embellishment and co-packed materials. Develop, implement and continually improve purchasing strategies, tools and techniques in order to maximize the company’s results such as the top and bottom line growth and net working capital reduction.
- Directly responsible for Procurement of all embellishment in ANZ (strategic sourcing and category management, contract and supplier management, definition of BCP, can do projects, monitoring of PPV), working in a cross functional basis with the Supply Org., Quality, Marketing and Finance.
- Responsible for a group of Co-packing, acting quite independently, following very broad policies and directions from the Management. Will be entitled to present and decide or get approval (depending on spend) for procurement strategies and contracting terms. Will take relevant decisions when conducting sourcing processes regardless total spend.
- Acts to continuously deliver Gross Margin improvement through COGS optimisation, driving special programs such as X-trim, Squeeze, e-procurement, can dos. Leads negotiations targeting to achieve continuous GM expansion and NWC reduction.
- Prepares plan assumptions for managed materials. Prepares plan presentation.
- Accountable to meet purchasing plan assumptions for the materials under his/her responsibilities.
- Designs and recommends Procurement Strategy with understanding of business needs (NPDs/EPDs; Yearly negotiation; COGs reduction) , defining categories with use of tools like Spend Analysis, Supplier Forces, Supplier / Category Position, market analysis (key drivers, type of market, main forces, impact we and others have on the market, suppliers capabilities).
- Responsible for Supplier Selection via tenders, negotiations, Rfx, use of eProcurement tools, auctions.
- Designs, verifies and amends contracts in conjunction with Legal Dept. Special attention to be dedicated to protecting intellectual property, minimise liabilities, exclusivity period of innovation, ensure availability and cost improvement. Responsible for negotiating contract terms and clauses in conjunction with Legal department, negotiating payment terms, improving NWC and defining KPIs.
- Responsible for implementing and managing supplier scorecards with defined copackers and embellishers.
- Accountable for Quality and Service from managed suppliers. Drive Quality and Service improvement strategies.
- Responsible for price change management: Maintain & update procurement pricing system (JDE) co-ordinating in a timely manner; Review & analyse price change/quote review & validate change with ENA; Review & resolve pricing discrepancies with accounts payable.
- Degree qualification - either Business, Commerce/Finance or Similar
- Minimum 2 years experience
- High level negotiation, influencing, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as take lead and work autonomously
If you are ready for your next opportunity and want to make a difference with a global brand, apply now.
For a confidential conversation, please contact Lian Turtle (Talent Acquisition and HR Coordinator -ANZ Health) on