Associate Scientist / Engineer II - Operations AstraZenecaLocation: Frederick, Maryland, United States
Job reference: R-040433
Posted date: Dec. 07, 2018
Associate Scientist / Engineer II Job Description
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
- Conducts or participates in technically demanding projects within specific area or field.
- Works independently or in collaboration w/others.
- Projects are assigned by supervisor who is a higher-level scientist or manager.
- Support scale-up and technology transfer of manufacturing processes to commercial facility process performance monitoring; implementation of process improvement strategies; and development of process models
- Position is a hands-on, laboratory-based, role and/or troubleshoot process and equipment issues arising on the manufacturing floor.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
- Prepares precise technical reports summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Presents findings at internal meetings and may present at external scientific meetings.
- Serves as a major contributor to preparation of documents..
- Serves as mentor and positive role model to other lab personnel.
- Could have supervisory responsibility.
- Full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a limited area or field.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope involving basic scientific and engineering principles.
- Exercises significant technical discretion in design, execution and interpretation, and pursues new experiments as a result of experimental outcomes.
Freedom To Act
- Works under general supervision to meet project goals and generally conceives of the approach.
- Frequently (regularly) develops new methods, technologies, and processes when necessary for project advancement.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical approach.
- Recommendations consistently result in project advancement.
- Contributes to technology development or support programs.
- Functions effectively as a member of one or more project teams.
- Primary interaction is within the organization.
- Has some internal customer or outside supplier contacts on routine and non-routine matters.
- Must establish working relationships and credibility with department members and others within the company and may establish working relationships and credibility with individuals outside the company.
- BS or MS Science
- BS or MS Engineering
Preferred Years of Experience
- Science: BS 8-10, MS 5-8
- Engineering BS 5-8; MS 3-5
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.