Assistant Financial Accountant ARM
- Job ID #: 15062
- Job Category: Finance & Accounting
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Administration
- Department: Finance
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Assistant Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for the general day-to-day accounting activities of Arm France SAS, including assisting the Senior Manager EMEA Finance in some monthly reporting tasks and preparation of statutory accounts. In addition to the day-to-day duties, you are expected to play a key role in helping to maintain the accounts according to the local standards, and your input can be required in Group projects relating to Financial Accounting. You will work alongside the EMEA Finance Senior Manager and have interactions with local employees, vendors, external advisors, and the Finance Accounting team of the Group based in the UK.
The position will require a highly motivated person who is able to cover a dynamic range of activities and who is willing to learn to develop herself/himself and take on more responsibilities on a medium-term timeframe.
The Finance department at Arm’s Sophia Antipolis is in charge of Finance and Accounting for the French entity, but it is part of the global Finance team at Arm. Therefore, it contributes to the wider Finance expertise which works with the business to manage financial performance.
This opportunity is to be based in Sophia Antipolis but you could make occasional visits to the UK.
You will be accountable for:
- Accounts payable: create purchase order, post vendor invoices, maintain vendor accounts, prepare payment file
- Bank: post bank entries, bank reconciliation
- Fixed assets management
- Employee expense claim management
- Preparation of tax declaration
- Accounting and Finance documents filing
- Assist Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly reporting and annual statutory accounts
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
You bring a variety of skills, experience and qualifications:
- You graduated from a BTS comptabilité gestion or DCG (Diplome de Comptabilité et Gestion)
- You hold a good knowledge of French generally accepted accounting practices and principles, VAT, and tax rules.
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years in a similar role
- Good English is essential
- Highly motivated, flexible, driven individual, capable of performing a wide range of duties
- You can work efficiently alone as well as in a team environment
What would give you an edge? Anything among:
- You have an experience in SAP accounting system
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willingness to learn and sometimes to take ownership of a problem and obtain solutions
- Enthusiastic to change
- You have good written and verbal communication skills
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex