Asia Pacific Channel Account Manager Inmarsat
Toa Payoh, Singapore
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 12 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary Role Purpose:
The primary purpose of this role is managing a number of key regional accounts to drive the creation and closure of revenue generating opportunities in the Global Government Sector. Engaging distribution and service partners to position Inmarsat capability and services, in particular Global Xpress. Align with regional systems integrators and hardware providers to engage across the satcom market. Collaborate with internal teams on the creation and distribution of value propositions and proposals across the Global Government portfolio.
- Develop strong relationships with regional partners and government end customers to generate significant growth in sales revenues from the full portfolio of the Inmarsat service offering, including all L-band services and Global Xpress
- Develop deep government customer relationships and prioritise the approach to market in accordance with the Global Government strategy and capability fit
- Develop relationships within the Global Government team to fully understand and leverage expertise in land, sea and air sector teams and translate these to customers and partners to promote growth
- Seek strategic partnerships in assigned countries that will bring new opportunities and access to the end-user community and generate material growth
- Exceed assigned targets for profitable sales and strategic account objectives.
- Raise the profile of Inmarsat within associated public organisations across the Asia-Pacific region
- Support partners in complex bids and solutions, with a clear plan to drive revenues
- Develop and maintain relationships with selected supporting organisations, which will allow positioning of Inmarsat capability and facilitate access to end-user customers (terminal manufacturers, solutions providers and systems integrators)
- Management and maintenance of key strategic, tactical and account activity plans
- Production of timely activity reports, revenue forecasts and commentary
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working in Government sales
- An understanding of International Government buying and budgeting cycles
- Commercial and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Business planning and results-orientated approach
- Successful experience in building go to market and account plans
- Successful experience building and growing channels
- Successful experience in selling satellite communications services and products
- Successful experience in working with international teams
- Proven experience of sales and reporting tools such as Sales Force and Tableau
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Good time management
- Creative and lateral thinking
- Drive, enthusiasm and a willingness to embrace accountability
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Additional Asian languages would be an advantage
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do