Asia Area Innovation and IT Lead - International AstraZenecaLocation: , , Singapore
Job reference: R-042525
Posted date: Jan. 10, 2019
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and that you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and the global commercialisation of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives. Our primary focus is on three key areas of healthcare: Cardiovascular and Metabolic disease (CVMD); Oncology; and Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity (RIA). We are also active in the Infection, Neuroscience and Gastrointestinal (ING) disease areas.
We are looking to appoint an Innovation and IT lead accountable for Digital and IT in Asia Area, based in Singapore. You will be a strategic partner to the business, lead Digital and Innovation embedding in AstraZeneca DNA and transform the organisation to maximise impact.
Our ambition is to be groundbreaking in health care industry in identifying suitable technology to help patients.
Asia Area Commercial consists of markets in Asia such as India, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam. We have a total of about 3,400 employees and a revenue of close to USD 900m. Asia Area is a dynamic, reciprocal and fast growing business. Note: China/HK, Japan and Australia/NZ are not in scope for this role.
At AstraZeneca, our IT organisation is pushing the boundaries of technology to enable the digitisation and transformation of the business. In Commercial IT, we are focussed on smoothing the Patient and HCP journey through Digital Innovation and supporting the growth of the business through impactful launches, field effectiveness and digital/multi channel capabilities – all founded on deep partnerships with our business colleagues. The role also covers Medical in-market and to an extent, the Enabling functions. Our internal capabilities are predominantly built and delivered by our global IT organisations and are cloud based and mobile enabled – this include Infrastructure.
You will work with the Asia Area Commercial leadership team to craft the organisation’s future through the implementation of creative new technologies to support the growth of the Asia Area Commercial business. The role will drive the IT vision and strategy and business transformation for the Area and ensure team and individual performance to deliver the business strategy and objectives. The role partners with the leadership team to identify portfolio priorities and areas for innovation. You will have a number of direct reports across Asia markets where a key focus is on giving developmental opportunities to grow people and providing coaching.
- You will establish and maintain strategic partnering with Asia Area leadership team – fully supplying to the definition and delivery of strategy. Support business change, acting as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders, facilitating alliances and alignment across the area.
- You will work with the business area to develop strategy and portfolio performance metrics and ensure development of customer scorecards. Define and monitor the delivery of value through IT projects and initiatives
- You will own the dedicated identification of opportunities for innovative solutions to Patient, HCP and internal customer issues/challenges.
- You will work with the digital and startup ecosystems networking to create partnerships and capabilities which can benefit the patient journey.
- You will partner with Area leadership to transform the organisation to Agile mindset to rethink and optimize the way we work today, changing the culture.
- You will represent the Digital and IT at Area-level and gain commitment to initiatives by applying specialist knowledge of services and by marketing established, new and changed services to the customer groups
- Assess, prioritise and effectively communicate customer needs, and initiate projects in partnership with the International Region IT team.
- Urge dedicated teamwork and communication between markets in Asia (and beyond) to ensure identification of standard methodology and alignments.
- You will actively engage with Region IT functions to make sure that global plans are developed with an appropriate understanding of the Area/MC commercial strategy, business requirements and constraints
- You will lead the delivery of the capability projects into the markets with quality, in partnership with business change leaders.
- Drive openness on exploitation of channels/capabilities, increasing the value achieved from these investments.
- You will work with the Customer Service function to ensure that IT delivery to the business is operating effectively, handle overall satisfaction with IT services and dedicatedly identify risks, issues as well as improvement areas. Conduct analysis of demand for services improvement
- Attract, lead, develop and motivate talented staff to achieve objectives and deliver high-reaching advantage through clear linkages between investment in people and business performance.
- Ensure IT budgets for Markets are effectively handled, monitored, forecasted and controlled.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience of leading teams with a proven track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Strong experience of developing relationships with senior internal customers and suppliers
- Deep experience of understanding (external) customer journeys and designing new customer experiences.
- You will have a strong background of delivering Digital solutions with clear outcome metrics
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global Teams
- You will have strong networking and consulting skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong change management
- Advanced proficiency in strategic planning, change enablement and innovation
- Strong experience planning, deploying and maintaining capabilities eg Data, Digital.
- Identifying and delivering POCs of innovative technology solutions
- Experience of leadership in a complex/geographical context
- Validated skills of leading budgets
- Degree or relevant business qualification
- Experience of developing partnerships with the digital and startup ecosystems
- Experience of Pharmaceutical or Consumer products Sales representative effectiveness standard methodology
- Leader within pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Asia Area Senior Business Leadership team
- International Region IT leadership team (Emerging Markets across the globe)
- Global Commercial Digital team
- Global service delivery functions for Applications and Infrastructure.
- Global Commercial IT leadership team
- Digital innovators and tech startup hubs
- 3rd party suppliers at contract management level
- External network relationships
Next Steps - Apply today!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.