Agile Java Developer SkyEmployee status: Permanent
Closing date: Ongoing
Reference number: 40455
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Agile team in Tower Hill, London.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Java developer, you will be keen to collaborate in cross-functional teams as well as expand their skill set across new technologies and cloud platforms such as Kubernetes – now extensively used across our new application estate.
- Have used Java 8 (and future versions), JUnit and other testing frameworks, Spring, Spring Boot, Maven, Gradle, Oracle Database, Kubernetes, Docker, TeamCity, GoCD, Prometheus, Grafana, Some Scala, Kotlin, Go
- Encourage everyone to contribute to product development from the outset through pair programming.
- Be enthusiastic about crafting quality software to solve complex problems and deliver value.
- Believe that the best way to deliver value is by building software incrementally and responding to feedback.
- Value everyone’s opinion and reach decisions as a team, encouraging people to practice presenting and articulating their ideas.
- Be dedicated in collaborating with everyone inside and outside the team – we rely on face-to-face communication a lot.
- Understand the value of mentoring other people and sharing knowledge at all levels of experience.
- Give and receive regular feedback to and from colleagues to help everyone improve.
- A good knowledge of Java.
- To be able to write clean, well-tested code that is easy to understand.
- Practiced TDD and follow the principles of the test pyramid.
- Continuously refactor and improve code.
- To build small services that do one thing well (microservices).
- To know how to build, test and deploy code using the Continuous Delivery principles.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about