Permanent - Full timeLocation(s):
Degree or equivalent
In this role you'll report to the e-trade team leader, the team are an untegral part of the Hiscox underwriting force responsible for new and existing business, technical case underwriting referrals. You can also influence the eTrade portfolio by identifying trends and recommending improvements to reduce the referrals and declinature.
You will have a focus on delivering superb service to our broker partners by building strong relationships and providing solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
You will be expected to demonstrate a broad skill base across all products, a desire to drive profitable underwriting and continually develop your own skills.
You’ll be able to make a real difference to the way we underwrite, make a positive contribution to the businesses top and bottom line and establish a number of working relationships both internally and externally. Being a centralised team you will work with underwriters and brokers spanning across all Hiscox UK regional offices to help grow the eTrade book.
You will start with us as a Trainee and receive comprehensive training and development to enable you to develop into an Underwriter.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be underwriting our commercial products in line with our high standards
- Working towards set targets each month including profitability, conversion and productivity
- You’ll take a proactive approach to learning and developing your skills in underwriting and sales
- Between your mentors and peers there will be a two way appreciation of sales strategy and underwriting strategy with the relevant regional teams
- Be committed to the underwriting strategies established by underwriting management
- Profitable underwriting of technical referrals for new business, MTAs and renewals including eTrade referrals within the agreed service standard
- Drive a two way appreciation of sales strategy and underwriting strategy with the relevant regional teams by maintaining strong lines of communication
- Implementation of Line of Business underwriting strategy
- Effectively negotiate with both internal and external parties including identified points of contact with a brokerage
- Identify and challenge non-standard underwriting decisions within the Technical Underwriting Guide, with a reasoned referral to a product expert or Portfolio Underwriting Manager