Locations: Memphis, Tennessee
Categories:Supply Chain & Logistics
Job description Site Name:
USA - Tennessee - MemphisPosted Date:
Sep 10 2019
Are you looking for a logistics management role that allows you to accelerate product distribution and drive efficiency? If so, this Logistics and Production Planning Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore
Supply Operations Buyer
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- The Buyer/Planner will plan material procurement activities to ensure that accurate quantities of material and/or parts are on-hand to support production requirements.
- Provide product, spend, and supplier information to category managers as requested; assist with category management as assigned.
- Actively participate in and prepare for Commodity meetings and Department meetings, providing input as needed, taking defined action steps, following up, and updating team promptly.
- Assures that the material is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Perform root cause analysis to address service level or inventory variances from management plan and initiate and monitor corrective actions.
- Resolves issues with schedule adherence, supplier on-time-delivery, quality, and price (as applicable) by engaging appropriate internal departments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and proven ability to facilitate collaboration in cross regional and multi-cultural teams
- Provide for the continual improvement of inventory control systems to track and reduce inventory levels and increase turns, while maintaining sufficient levels to meet customer requested delivery dates.
- Manage materials control/order policy, finding opportunities to improve processes including the materials forecasts and order policy/lot sizes in order to effectively mirror our processes and anticipate material requirements while maintaining low inventory levels.
- Utilize MRP software to manage items and ensure on time delivery. Optimize inventory investment and service levels.
- Track site KPIs for inventory, conformance to volume, conformance to plan, conformance to release, on-time in-full delivery performance and other metrics.
- Report on and process purchased goods and finished product scrapping requests.
- Create content to support weekly supply chain planning meetings and customer communications.
- Comply with all local, state and federal EHS laws and regulations, and all GSK Global EHS requirements.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High school diploma
- 3 or more years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Customer Service operation
- Experience managing third party logistics providers
- Experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) & Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) requirements
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills and interface with all level of staffs internally and externally.
- Knowledge of Logistics (inbound freight/Customs/Warehouse/Road Distribution and planning activities)
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.