Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job ID: 10156
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification As the demand for QinetiQ’s solutions continues to increase within the defence and security market, we are looking to expand our senior projects team & appoint an experienced Senior Programme Manager. The successful applicant will lead the delivery of a complex programme to develop, integrate and prove 4G based communications systems on aircraft for a government client. Working in partnership with a number of organisations, the Senior Programme Manager will work with a variety of customer, partner and internal stakeholders to deliver a technically challenging and cutting edge solution.
The role can be based from Malvern, Farnborough or Boscombe Down & will require regular travel across these sites as well as other UK based locations.
• Development and maintenance of positive engagement with programme customers, partners and suppliers.
• Delivery of the Programme outcomes, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
• Ensuring programme members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
• Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the programme and collaborating across QinetiQ.
• Leading the embedding of improvement in the QinetiQ project and programme management function, as agreed with IDT Leads and the Performance Excellence team.
• Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
• Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
• Reporting progress on all accountabilities to IDT Lead (or their delegate).
• Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• MSP Practitioner or equivalent APM qualification.
• Experience leading complex technical programmes into government agencies/departments
• Strong interpersonal skills to succeed by networking and integrating across formal organisation boundaries.
• Commercial acumen, politically astute with influencing, negotiating and presentation skills.
• Strong communication skills, underpinning proactive and efficient stakeholder / customer management.