As Senior FP&A Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and Review of Group management reporting and KPIs
- Lead the development and re-design of the above in line with Executive requirements and drive reporting process improvements
- Play an integral role in managing the group’s budget and forecast processes, with a constant review to improve process efficiency
- Regularly review budget and forecast analytical material, ensuring consistency across all reporting and suggesting improvements
- Preparation of related board briefing materials
- Analytical review of business performance issues and forecast accuracy
- Drive and evolve the insight and analytical offering in FP&A working across all functions moving from descriptive analytics to predictive and prescriptive analytics going forward
- Ad hoc investment appraisal and performance analysis
- Actively enforce integrity of trading P&L and ensure board reporting is kept in line with the latest corporate structure and facilitating updates as necessary
- Take overall responsibility for headcount reporting at group level and ensure completeness and accuracy of data
- Provide senior level support across the business
- Qualified accountant, with relevant PQE
- Experience in process improvement desirable
- Track record of successful business partnering with senior management
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Essential - Advanced demonstrable Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (Excel – must be extremely comfortable building models/reports up to macro level)
- Good organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Proven ability to build strong peer relationships within the finance community
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Happy to work autonomously
- Good problem solver with intellectual curiosity
- Advanced demonstrable Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (Excel – must be extremely comfortable building models/reports up to Pivot table level)
- Experience of Essbase and Hyperion Planning preferred
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?