Locations: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Categories:Epidemiology and Health Outcomes
Job description Site Name:
USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle ParkPosted Date:
Sep 10 2019
The Senior Director, US Value Evidence & Outcomes (VEO) role is part of the United States (US) Medical Affairs (USMA) organization to design and implement evidence generation activities in support of GSK Respiratory products. You will be responsible for focusing on the generation of evidence for payer and health care provider (HCP) decision-makers and include scientific evidence for reimbursement dossiers and market access in the US.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Leads the development, management, design, implementation and delivery of US health outcome strategy & tactical plans for specific product(s)/ disease area(s) or TA to support the strategic objectives of GSK’s products
- Leads and delivers tools/services to support reimbursement and access, and differentiate treatments within a therapeutic area in support of US access to GSK products by the right patients who benefit from them by evaluating and demonstrating their differentiated value to patients, physicians and payers during discovery, development and launch.
- Develop presentations, manuscripts, registry summaries and promotional pieces to communicate/disseminate health outcomes data.
Leverage health outcomes data with Payers and Providers through appropriate/approved mechanisms.
- Training of field staff on health outcomes data and promotional materials as appropriate for organizational role.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with external health outcomes experts/thought leaders to ensure appropriate methods in health economics and quality of life research are applied, in accordance with GSK policies
- Ensure that any observational study (e.g., retrospective database or chart review; meta-analysis/indirect comparison, prospective longitudinal) is tracked, monitored, reported, & disclosed according to all relevant policies & GxP procedures.
- Manage vendors/third parties/CROs in execution of health outcomes activities (studies and/or projects).
- Manage budgets for multiple projects and/or product budgets.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master’s in a relevant discipline (i.e., health outcomes, economics, health services research, statistics, epidemiology)
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry, medical device and life sciences
- Effective communicate & gain support of strategic plans, tactical activities and evidence generated laterally within group, upwardly to middle & senior management, and across matrix.
- Effective in the appropriate interpretation and dissemination of health outcomes data externally to decision makers via approved channels (manuscripts, registries, meetings) in accordance with policies & regulations
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent in a relevant discipline (i.e., health outcomes, economics, health services research, statistics, epidemiology)
- US primary care Health Outcomes experience such as Respiratory
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.