Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job ID: 10576
QinetiQ Target Systems (QTS) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of QinetiQ Group PLC specialising in the design and manufacture of a range of state of the art Unmanned Aerial and Surface Target systems including the world leading Banshee target. QTS targets are used to enable realistic weapons test and evaluation and operator training in over 40 countries worldwide with QTS providing a complete managed service in over 15 of these countries.
Job description/Person specification We are currently seeking to recruit a Project Engineer who will be responsible for providing leadership to QTS Development Projects to ensure that they are delivered to the highest standards.
The role will involve:
• Working alongside an appropriate Technical Expert to ensure that projects meet time, cost and quality expectations.
• Project Management for a number of Engineering projects
• The development and maintenance of project plans
• the resource management and de-confliction of competing priorities
• Ensuring that all design projects are carried out in accordance with company Design Procedures and Regulatory Requirements.
• Production of key Systems Engineering documents through the project life cycle
• Risk Management
• General management tasks to support the Director of Engineering and Chief Engineer
The ideal candidate will:
• have experience as a Project Engineer, Project Manager or Systems Engineer
• have strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
• be able to turn complex requirements in to simple and achievable plans.
• be able to operate autonomously and reactively to changing requirements
• be enthusiastic and committed to the role
• have good IT skills
• be calm and able to work well under pressure
• be a good communicator, both written and oral
• be an excellent team player
• be able to support / Mentoring of more junior staff
The following skills and experience are desirable:
• Electronic Engineering Awareness
• Experience in a product design environment
• Aviation or Weapons domain experience
• Engineering Degree
• Being a Chartered Engineer
• Project Management qualification
• Domain knowledge of Unmanned Aerial Target systems including ground, target and control systems.