Employment Type: Full Time - Fixed Term Appointment
Job ID: 10627
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification ***Please note that this is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract cover maternity leave***
To lead and deliver excellence in demand management resulting in a high level of integrity within a Business’ demand signal (covering Investments, Business Development and Projects). Driving a continuous improvement culture that ensures the business view of demand is always as accurate as it needs to be.
• Working with the business, responsible for demand data integrity
• Responsible for analysis and articulation of the demand signal (including deltas, trends, risks, errors & scenario planning) to Supply, including environment, context and priority
• Working with the business, responsible for identifying and addressing bias
• Providing a single point of contact for Demand related issues
• Adhoc reporting to support the business understand their demand signal
1. Business Demand Signal: Manage the preparation, analysis and data integrity for the total business-wide demand signal covering Investments/IRAD, BD pipeline, project backlog and discretionary effort, as input to and for review at the monthly Demand Review. This includes:
2. Reporting: Collate, analyse and summarise the reporting of all performance and governance data and metrics on a weekly, monthly (and adhoc) basis relating to demand for management reviews across the Business, including BPRs; ensuring high levels of timeliness and accuracy.
3. Process Improvement: Drive maturity and continuous improvement of demand including Business-level and ICT/IDT KPIs, contribute to identifying improvements to the S&OP processes and toolsets.
4. Collaboration & Communication: Actively collaborating with the Business LT, S&OP Managers, Supply Managers, Demand Managers and the W&FP Team. Building relationships with IDT Leads / Focals, BD Teams, Programme Controllers and Programme Directors. Proactively taking ownership of the communication process – outwards to Supply, and then inwards back to the IDT & ICT communities to ensure a closed loop communication system is in place that reflects decisions & actions that have been taken. Follows up where actions are not being progressed satisfactorily.
5. Procedure Implementation: Effective implementation of and adherence to corporate Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) policy and procedures across their embedded Business. Ongoing training and reinforcement of required behaviours / requirements for those inputting into the demand plan (PM’s, BDM’s).
1. Knowledge of the breadth of their embedded business and capabilities, including an understanding of how resource planning can most effectively be applied to support business delivery.
2. Detailed knowledge of the design for the QinetiQ’s S&OP approach and systems, including understanding of underpinning principles.
3. Strong leadership capabilities to effectively build and inspire high-performing teams with a focus on continuous improvement and collaboration. Excellent abilities to collaborate with (and coach when required) a network of geographically dispersed stakeholders.
4. Strong management skills to drive successful delivery against an agreed plan and to challenge behaviours and accepted working practices at all levels.
5. Demonstrate high-levels of negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build strong relationships quickly at all levels and across all disciplines.
6. Strong organisational and communication skills to include an ability to tailor style to different audiences.
7. Act as a role-model by exhibiting flexible and adaptable qualities and being a high performer in a dynamic environment.
8. Able to rapidly assimilate a complex situation, identify and focus on the key issues to achieve a desired corporate strategy and objectives. Confidence to make complex decisions under uncertainty and pressure.
9. Demonstrable high level of IT competency including the ability to learn new systems and packages as required.
10. Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills including innovative and creative thinking; and scenario modelling.
11. Good knowledge of QinetiQ’s strategic objectives, operating principles, model and organisation.
12. Strong PC literacy with excellent attention to detail