Brand: Ascential Group
Job function: Digital Product
Job type: Perm Full Time
Location: London, UK
Salary: Competitive Market Salary
Job ref: R1781
We're looking for a Product Developer to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Engineering function.
- work within a semi-fixed team responsible for delivery of a product end-to-end
- engage the business and seek insights from customers and other sources to produce evidence-based solutions
- work to the priorities of the business and Product Manager
- working within Group guidelines, implementing best-practice design and coding
- develop, deploy, debug, support and maintain the codebase with colleagues
- continually offer suggestions on approach and efficiency
- improve your experience and skills, whilst also enabling others
- contribute to a healthy working environment of innovation and solid delivery
- work within selected work frameworks – Agile/Scrum/Kanban – to best deliver at any particular part of the year
- offer feedback and suggestions on code and colleagues in a constructive manner
- be ambitious to learn, improve and deliver continuously
- ReactJS or other front-end technologies – primary focus and interest
- SQL expertise – MSSQL, postGreSQL or MySQL
- Professional experience of server-languages (.net, java, CF, php etc..)
- Designing, building and testing APIs
- Confident front-end styling (HTML, CSS) to a design guide. Awareness of SASS, LESS, gulp
- Proven understanding of all basic core tools and skills (git or bitbucket) and deployment too
- A working understanding or interest of Agile practices and the aims of Less
- Interest/understanding in AWS services/hosting/scaling
- Prototype understanding of Native app creation, GraphQL, Elixir/Phoenix, Node.js
- The wish to bring ideas and innovations in a supportive organisation, to develop and improve as a developer and team player
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing. We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?