At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
The Manufacturing Finance IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a newly created role with the goal of providing IT expertise and strategic guidance on financial and manufacturing accounting processes. This role reports to the Head of Finance IT and will be a key member of the Finance IT Leadership Team.
Manufacturing is a global business spanning 30 production sites in 18 countries. Manufacturing plays a key role in the development, manufacturing, testing and delivery of our medicines to our customers. 12,500 employees deliver over 25 billion tablets and capsules with an increasing focus on Biologics.
This is a hands-on, business facing role and is underpinned by significant investment in IT and Finance Transformation. You will work with the VP for Finance Manufacturing, the VP for Finance Transformation and the Head of Finance IT to shape and implement a multi-year investment uplift.
You will drive, design and deliver an uplift and standardisation of technology for the Financial Processes that support our global Manufacturing business. You will combine in-depth understanding of the business area direction and IT expertise to drive the creation of innovative technology solutions.
This is an opportunity to shape and make a lasting difference to this business area.
- You will be part of a talented customer-facing, global Finance IT team, backed up by a global IT matrix spanning 3,000 people from Cambridge, UK to Chennai, India to Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Partner with the Manufacturing Finance business to shape investment cases and solutions that will uplift and standardise financial processes.
- Focus on processes supporting Group manufacturing – including cost accounting standards and specifically product costing, manufacturing variances, Value of Production, inventory etc.
- Partner with the AstraZeneca SAP IT group to deliver technology solutions.
- Key technology point of contact and SME for Manufacturing financial and statutory compliance, tax and cost accounting.
- Build strong strategic relationships with customer groups and senior partners, developing a keen understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with IT strategy
- Develop and maintain the IT portfolio, including accurate customer forecasting, demand planning and effective delivery of the plan
- Handles a portfolio of investments, prioritizing to align with emerging business strategy
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and build business readiness plan
Work collaboratively with:
- Business and IT leadership teams and other senior partners to build their understanding of IT strategy
- IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
- Other customer area Business Relationship Managers to create alignment and identify cross-business innovative opportunities
- Portfolio Managers and solution delivery leads to initiate projects, to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
- Customer Service function to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- Experience with Finance Manufacturing in a global context
- A consistent record of delivering results
- Experience of building high value business cases & mobilising high value investments
- Experience of leading teams with a proven track record of motivational and achievement-oriented leadership
- Experience of leading third-party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills
- Degree or meaningful business qualification
- SAP and business acumen in Finance and Manufacturing / Logistics (Essential)
- A finance/IT professional with experience in manufacturing (Essential)
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma industry (Preferable)
- Inv olvement in pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Ability to lead negotiations, expectations and solutions across matrixed groups.
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.