Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job ID: 10592
QinetiQ Target Systems (QTS) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of QinetiQ Group PLC specialising in the design and manufacture of a range of state of the art Unmanned Aerial and Surface Target systems including the world leading Banshee target. QTS targets are used to enable realistic weapons test and evaluation and operator training in over 40 countries worldwide with QTS providing a complete managed service in over 15 of these countries.
Job description/Person specification An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our busy Health & Safety team as a HSE Co-ordinator. Reporting to the HSE manager, you'll be supporting all aspects of the day to day running of the department and provide support to the business for HSE related matters. In this varied role, your duties will include:
• Coordinating H&S related queries and providing stakeholders with appropriate advice.
• Developing, reviewing and monitoring HSE objectives and targets for the business.
• Leading investigations and assisting others to investigate incidents/accidents. Ensuring the effective management of corrective actions, reporting internally and externally as required.
• Performing periodic safety inspections and audits of the HSE Management System.
• Coordinating delivery of H&S related training including liaising with external providers.
• Maintaining training records.
• Carrying out risk assessments and actioning additional control measures as required.
• Controlling contractors in terms or reviewing RAMS and monitoring activity onsite.
• Ensuring all statutory inspections are carried out and records kept in accordance with relevant legislation.
• Attending H&S committee meetings, taking minutes and monitoring actions to completion.
• Ensuring adherence to and maintenance of existing ISO 14001 management system.
• Coordating the safe disposal of all wastes types and maintaining accurate records.
• Monitoring utility usage and maintaining accurate records for internal reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a Health & Safety role, ideally within a manufacturing or similar environment. Ideally NEBOSH certified or currently undertaking the certification. You will keep up to date with any changes to HSE legislation, ensuring these are reflected in working practices and procedures. Your strong people skills will enable you to work with staff and managers at all levels of the business, providing clear and accurate guidance.
You will enjoy working in an environment where no 2 days are the same, able to take a logical approach to solve problems. You will enjoy taking responsibility for tasks, able to work autonomously with minimal guidance. Interested, apply now for more details.