Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
What will you be doing?....
- Active participation in product and systems HAZOPs, Risk assessments and TUV certifications or similar
- Review & approve safety related information prepared for manufacturing, end-users and service personnel (e.g. final product testing, user guides, procedures, etc.)
- Ensure products and systems meet appropriate regulatory and support the ongoing maintenance for safety compliance
- Act as a technical authority for verification of safety control systems across various CFCs.
- Review functional safety control system design and implementation, including functional and integrity requirement specifications, control system architectures, I/O lists, communication block diagrams, technical specifications, scopes of work, safety lifecycle documentation, and test documentation
- Be the centre point of contact for all CFCs for any functional safety queries
- Participate, as needed, in the analysis & resolution of potential field related safety issues.
- Support the implementation of the safety management system to cover products, systems and services.
- Proven experience for PUWER and CE Marking compliance on site for both existing machinery and new project delivery and acting as the site expert resource in machinery and functional safety
- Experience in the design of safety control systems and verification of safety control systems designed by others
- Experience with probabilistic calculations, gathering and application of failure rate data
- Must be technically proficient in all areas of Mechanical and Electrical machinery safety
- Proven knowledge in functional Safety (eg TUV Functional Safety Certified or similar) and able to run SIL/Design based risk assessments.
- Proven experience in functional safety within automotive or industrial automation industry. Specifically, the application of IEC 62061, IEC 61508 or IEC 61511 during front-end design and design execution
- Experience with development of safety lifecycle documentation, such as hardware and software requirements and design specifications, and test documentation.
- Experience using functional safety verification tools(PASCAL) and creation of functional safety reports including completion of the associated safety related risk assessment.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……