Locations: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Job description Site Name:
USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle ParkPosted Date:
Aug 8 2019
Key Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Field Systems, Tools & Operations, this role is responsible for engaging with the field Sales organization to advance sales force effectiveness by leading and owning end to end processes that impact the customer experience (e.g., POA, alignments, market definitions, reporting dashboards, CRM system).
- Develop, implement and execute business requirements gathering and decision-making processes for managing monthly/quarterly/semesterly changes to alignments, market definitions, specialty filters, etc. that impact field promotional tactics.
- Lead sales force size and structure activities for one or more business units. Deliver workload metrics, maps, etc. to facilitate decision-making discussions with Sales leadership. Participate in and support appointment and selection processes as requested.
- Lead and manage POA implementation processes enabling timely and accurate delivery of incentive compensation plans and field tools (e.g., reporting dashboards, CRM system).
- Serve as the primary point of contact into EFO for Sales leadership and Operations for one or more business units.
- Provide strategic consulting and design services to all levels of the Sales and Marketing leadership teams. Liaise with BU leadership and Operations team to increase connectedness to centrally owned processes.
- Drive flexible yet efficient decision making to enable timely implementation of key processes to optimize field salesforce execution.
- Collaborate with business unit, EFO, CCO and Tech colleagues to prioritize and manage change to minimize field disruption and maximize field effectiveness.
We are looking for professionals with these qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of relevant business, sales or Tech experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry, including 3 years demonstrated expertise in at least 2 of the following areas – Sales/Sales management, sales analysis, brand marketing, sales operations (territory operations, incentive compensation, etc.), project management
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively with multiple and varied stakeholders, including Field Sales, EFO, Tech, Marketing, etc., in a matrixed environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills and technical acumen
If you have the following qualifications it would be a plus.
- Previous experience supporting a field Sales team
- Previous experience developing/implementing change management plans
- Previous experience developing/implementing communication plans to support new business initiatives.
- Experience using/supporting field sales tools (e.g., reporting dashboards, CRM systems, sales organization design/alignment tools)
- Project management, process improvement experience
- Proven ability to work under pressure and in a changing environment
- Results oriented, self starter with the ability to drive accountability for results within the team.
- High level of motivation and ability to find creative solutions to challenging business issues or unique customer situations
- Demonstrated multi-dimensional and complex problem-solving skills (technology, people, processes).
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.