Permanent - Full timeLocation(s):
London, EnglandPreferred education:
A Levels or equivalent
About Hiscox UK
Hiscox UK is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.
As the Deputy Regional Manager you will operate in a highly visible role supporting the London Regional Manager to develop private client business from brokers in the London region. The London Art and Private Client (APC) branch team consists of eight development underwriters who will report directly to you. You, the Regional Underwriting Manager, Schemes Account Manager and the team will work closely with eleven existing business underwriters for private client business. The London APC branch has grown over the last five years from £43m GWP in 2011 to £50m in 2019, and your role will be to support the London Regional Manager to continue the profitable growth following the successful implementation of Merlin to the APC business. This role will report to and work closely with the London Regional Manager.
Team management and leadership:
- Responsible for supporting the London Regional Manager to deliver the budgets in respect of both top line Gross Written Premium and bottom line profit for all lines of business.
- Recruit, develop and motivate a team of highly driven and talented underwriters and personnel.
- Set SMART performance and personal development objectives for the team and take appropriate action against underperformance of any underwriter.
- Lead and coach the underwriters to ensure that their development and account management skills are in line with their technical knowledge.
- Ensure the succession of key roles through the active development of our talent and ensuring appropriate resource
- Work closely with the Regional Underwriting Manager in respect of the underwriters’ personal and technical development.
Business planning and sales:
- Support the London Regional Manager in the development and implementation of the annual regional business plan, ensuring effective communication of this to the regional team and its execution.
- Management of the regional expenses to ensure they are in line with budget.
- Create an effective pipeline for future business and identify new business growth opportunities.
- Support the London Regional Manager to manage and develop the broker distribution channel including new appointments, commission levels and service levels all in line with the national strategy.
- Develop joint broker-specific business plans with key accounts.
- Hold regular branch-wide, plan based sales management meetings to drive all sales activity towards exceeding premium and profit plans.
- Work closely with existing business to deliver priority service to our key and supporting brokers
- Work closely with the private client existing business team to ensure alignment with regional requirements for each broker and the overall strategy.
- Support the London Regional Manager to report to senior management on regional results.
- By operating in a highly visible role you will be the face of Hiscox in the local market to ensure Hiscox has an excellent profile.
Conduct and Compliance:
- With Regional Operations Manager, manage regional implication of Brexit and other regulatory projects
- Ensure best practice is fed into central operations and adopted in London
- Process reviews / continuous improvement
- Support Regional Underwriting Manager with Audit Management Process and undertake own monthly audits