Brand: Ascential Group
Job function: Strategy & Insight
Job type: Perm Full Time
Location: London, UK
Job ref: R2328
We're looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in London. The role will work across Ascential and cover two main areas:
- Project-based delivery – Working within virtual teams to deliver complex analytics and world class big data solutions. The role will play a key part in helping the different Ascential brands use data more effectively to improve operational processes related to sales, marketing, product and finance.
- Development of Big Data solutions – Work with the wider Data & Insight team to develop revenue forecast models, customer segmentations, churn models, customer lifetime value and recommendation systems. You will play a part in testing the output through practical application, working with business teams to use the model output and measure the impact
As Data Scientist, your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering best in class big data solutions that improve the performance of key business processes (e.g. Renewal targeting, revenue forecasting, segmentation)
- Identifying key data sources required to solve the business and undertaking data collection, pre-processing and analysis
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques
- Evaluating the model performance
- Partnering with key business stakeholder, to deliver core capabilities into the business, and ensuring adoption of the capabilities is embedded within the business.
- Lead automation of manual processes
- Lead the research and development, and implementation of new and improved forecasting methods to improve accuracy
- Support internal stakeholders with data queries
- Prototype new ways to visualize and understand data relationships
- Innovate and looking for new ways to solve business problems to drive ROI
- Define robust measurement methodology to assess and track the value deliver through the capabilities deliver into the business
- MSc or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline
- Relevant industry experience in an advanced Analytics and Data Science role, with commercial exposure to modelling customers, sales/revenue forecasting, customer segmentation and digital marketing, etc
- Experience of taking a project from manipulating raw data, through exploratory analysis and algorithmic development, to production and ongoing improvement
- Demonstrate where previous work has led to tangible financial benefits
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Forests of Decision Trees, Online Learning etc
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Extensive experience with common data science toolkits, such as DataRobot, R, Weka, NumPy, Spark ML. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience working with data pipelines and modelling in a production environment
- Expert data visualisation knowledge—Experience with Tableau or Looker highly preferred
- Experience of using Cloud based platforms and tools
- Great communication skills, comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different audiences.
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work autonomously when needed
- An entrepreneurial mindset who figures out how to improve business processes and finds opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems
- An expert in SQL and RDBMS concepts, including experience in working with large datasets
- Good scripting and programming skills using languages like Python and R
- Understanding of Salesforce (desirable)
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?