A Bit About Us In AO Business we go to great lengths to provide better value for businesses. We’re experienced in working with a variety of different industries to give advice on the right products, delivery to suit the schedule of our clients and business services to meet their needs. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. We are at the start of our journey, with growth ambitions to rival that of the retail business. In the B2B team we’re obsessive about our customers and the experience they get with us. As a new division under the AO umbrella this role is new which we see as being integral to helping managers to understand their areas of the business and provide them with data to enable them to make commercial decisions. More About the Role We are looking for a driven and proactive Commercial Analyst to join our exciting and ever growing AO Business team. The division consists of 4 pillars (currently, we are looking to develop more) all with managers that want to know how their pillars are performing. Working within our Commercial Department, you’ll be responsible for reporting analysis and insight into pillars, and will be a key member of the B2B team as we look to grow rapidly in the next 2-3 years. The right person will be very comfortable manipulating data, the drive to want to investigate numbers and explain variances to non-finance people. Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing Understand and investigate the daily performance of a number of pillars and analyse performance for non-finance heads.
* Provide recommendations for commercial changes to managers, and implement/drive the relevant changes where agreed.
* Full ownership of numbers including analysis on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
* Review performance WoW, v’s PY and v’s budget. Explain why variances have occurred and explain variance to non-finance managers.
* Responsible for working with managers to put together the budget for the coming financial year
* Completing ad hoc requests for information and analysis to help support the business make informed data driven decisions to seize opportunities and drive results.
* Ultimately you are there to make sure we are staying on track or raise the alarm if we need to take action to get us back to where we need to be. A Few Things About You Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
* Ambitious and self-motivated. Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude.
* Highly numerate/analytical mind-set. Solid business and commercial awareness.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Experience of working within a commercial or analytical function.Part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
Why Choose AO? It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking. We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. Great People Deserve Great Things As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.