Engineer – Storage & Backup for a world leading Pharmaceutical company which operates in over 100 countries and is head quartered in the United Kingdom. The candidate is expected to work as a Engineer for a large infrastructure support and maintenance function, spanning several continents.
The candidate should possess broad functional knowledge in his/her domain and technical knowledge in relevant Storage and Backup operations. The candidate should have proven expertise in working within a team for Storage & Backup operational support and remediation activities.
The Engineer will be responsible for the troubleshooting/break fix incidents/changes primarily on Storage Technologies with additional backup technologies.
Role and Responsibilities
- An Engineer will be accountable for meeting the delivery targets set by management
- Responsible for ensuring that delivery is within and better than prescribed SLA levels and help establish processes for continuous service improvement.
- Support, maintain & improve user experience in Storage / Backup
- Provide accurate, timely diagnosis & rectification of user’s incidents
- Resolve or escalate incidents/problems/SR per established procedures
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support cases & the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction along with minimal production impact
- Work within an ITIL environment for Change and Incident management.
- Working on incidents raised by alerts/service desk/end user. Working on service fulfillment request through service catalogue,
- Good working knowledge of NetApp storage (7 mode and C mode) and Brocade switches.
- Good working knowledge in Hitachi/HP Storage and Commvault backup technologies
- Strong Knowledge Storage (provisioning and troubleshooting)
- Understanding of True Copy/Flash Copy / Snap mirror
- Deep understanding of file system and CIFS/NFS protocol to debug and analyze the problem.
- Good knowledge of handling Storage tools like DFM, OCUM, WFA, 7MTT etc.
- Commvault backup administrator In-depth knowledge on Commvault v9, v10 and V11 application.
- Understanding about Backup architecture, and storage repositories.
- Maintain backup policies and standard Storage Retentions
- Additional experience related to Networking / Windows / Unix OS / Cloud are highly desirable
- Good understanding on Incident problem and change management process and knowledge on ticketing tools like Service Now
Essential Skills and experience
- 3+ years overall experience in NetApp/Hitachi/HP Storage administration
- 2+ years’ experience in service management - internal team or external suppliers.
- Operational experience in storage domain with respect to managing Incidents, Problems, changes and capacity management aspects
- Experience and ability to work in shifts on rotational basis covering Americas, EMEA and ASIAPAC regions 24*7
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization is essential.
- Experience in team management, conflict resolution / arbitration.
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence.
- Ability to analyze requests or issues and provide the best possible solution.
- Ability to prioritize, re-schedule or adapt to changes.
- Ability to collaborate across the different technology towers.
- Ability to multi task in a dynamic environment.
- Evidence of a strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation) - Spoken English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ready to work in 24/7/365 environment with rotational shifts (APAC, EMEA, US)
- ITIL V3 Certification Preferred
Desirable Skills and experience
- Preferred candidate with knowledge in Backup / Windows / Linux is plus
- Knowledge in Python, Perl or any other language
- Understanding of Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Incident Management/Change management/Problem Management processes.
- Experience working in globally distributed team
- Knowledge in ticketing system like Remedy, SNOW
- Able to grasp and understand new technological trends / concepts
- Good experience in using Microsoft Visio
- Must possess good problem solving and communication skills
- Must excel working in team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.