At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Associate Director, Reimbursement Services , you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Associate Director is the leader of A360 operations. The Associate Director is responsible for operational services of the A360 including strategy, management, legal and compliance adherence. This role will design, implement and enhance best in class patient reimbursement support programs. He/she will build and lead a team focused on reimbursement support activities. He/she provides market access and reimbursement program acumen to cross functional teams to ensure access services view of reimbursement support strategy is represented.
This position will report into the Senior Director, Access Services and will work in close partnership with other members of Access Services team, AZ cross functional partners and with external suppliers.
- Lead a team of approximately 100 resources comprised of Patient Access Managers, Supervisors, Associates and Specialists within the AZ Access 360 Contact Center and at vendor partners focused on patient and provider reimbursement service delivery across multiple channels.
- Responsible for operations of functional teams organized by therapeutic area
- Ensure contact center staff adhere to AstraZeneca legal and compliance policies to minimize AstraZeneca risks relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Anti-Kickback Statute, and Food and Drug Cosmetic Act, Product Liability, and State Prescription Laws.
- Manage ~7 million-dollar budget, accurate and timely headcount, fee, and expense forecasts, regular financial reporting to senior leadership, and driving efficiencies to maximize resource needs
- Responsible for hiring decisions, effectively assessing and coaching managers
- Responsible for reimbursement program strategy, design, and execution
- Interact with management and internal customers to provide knowledgeable input regarding the factors that need to be considered as market and product strategies are developed
- Share best practices across therapeutic areas and brands identifying common areas of improvement
- Effectively integrate business process and technology offerings with key external partners ensuring seamless support through the patient journey
- Responsible for brand program Key Performance Metrics (KPI), Service Level Agreements (SLA), and superior customer experience
- Develop and implement efficient operating model with streamlined business processes, work instructions, and technology efficiencies
- Drive agile methodology within business practices
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 8 years of total business experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Biologics or Pharmaceutical Specialty Products preferably in Oncology, Respiratory, Cardiovascular and Renal.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in reimbursement contact center environment, medical affairs, clinical, compliance, or regulatory.
- Successful track record of performance in roles focused on reducing barriers to access through customer oriented logistical support programs, training and quality of those programs, project management.
- Proven success working on large strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in creating and leading a department.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong strategic thinker and business acumen.
- Proven project management skills.
- Flexible with positive attitude and ability to prioritize projects.
- Outstanding ability to prepare and present executive level presentations.
- Ability to drive accountability and achieve performance metrics in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to travel (domestic U.S. travel up to 10% annually)
Skills and Knowledge:
- High level of hub operations, contact center, training and technology.
- High level of Reimbursement models.
- High level of Multiple Therapeutic Area knowledge, utilization management techniques, treatment and reimbursement guidelines.
- High level of program / service / process / technology performance evaluation.
- High level understanding of competitive companies, product lines, place in therapy, and value-added program knowledge.
- High levels of knowledge of pull through opportunities, program development, projected impact, and implementation techniques.
Planning and Analysis:
- Maintain an outstanding level of department planning, organization, and administrative skills.
- Forecast contractor headcount needs and manage contractor/supplier budget
- Demonstrate strong oral, written, and group communication skills.
- Maintain frequent contact with Access Services Leadership Team
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with executive leadership across multiple disciplines, as well as peers and direct reports
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree
- Agile Product Owner/Manager certification
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.